This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Modding skyrim: take 2

#11jedinatPosted 7/20/2014 8:51:51 PM
thatfool12Gs posted...
What I do is install the mod manually, and if it causes problems I go back to the folder and use ctrl+z to reverse the action.

Only works if you're not replacing files. I believe modern mod managers can handle this for you anyways (even the replacing files aspect).
#12Blobs_Posted 7/20/2014 9:46:35 PM
Speaking of modding skyrim, does anyone have any idea how to make an account on nexusmods? It never seems to work for me, and upon some quick googling I don't seem to be the only one.
---
is haha
#13CourtofOwlsPosted 7/20/2014 9:55:59 PM
install and test one by one,even if it's just an outfit
if it doesn't work find out what's wrong
can't find the problem,delete the mod
repeat
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!
#14LordOfLegaciesPosted 7/20/2014 10:20:16 PM
Raikouen posted...
I remember modding Morrowind in the past to the point where it was unplayable and I lost a file that had hundreds of hours of progress as a result. I'm not risking it again.

Aww dude you NEVER mod anything without making a backup first.
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#15SlashmanSGPosted 7/21/2014 1:05:53 AM
Blobs_ posted...
Speaking of modding skyrim, does anyone have any idea how to make an account on nexusmods? It never seems to work for me, and upon some quick googling I don't seem to be the only one.

You... click "sign up" and make an account...
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://i.imgur.com/Um0p3xx.gif http://i.imgur.com/MIbbUHB.gif
#16thatfool12GsPosted 7/21/2014 1:12:58 AM
LordOfLegacies posted...
Raikouen posted...
I remember modding Morrowind in the past to the point where it was unplayable and I lost a file that had hundreds of hours of progress as a result. I'm not risking it again.

Aww dude you NEVER mod anything without making a backup first.

Lol, GTA IV is even worse
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#17Blobs_Posted 7/21/2014 2:13:20 AM
SlashmanSG posted...
Blobs_ posted...

It always gives me an error, I've tried multiple computers and browsers, cleared my history/cache/cookies, etc etc etc
---
is haha
#18TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 7/21/2014 4:31:56 AM
Blobs_ posted...
SlashmanSG posted...
Blobs_ posted...

It always gives me an error, I've tried multiple computers and browsers, cleared my history/cache/cookies, etc etc etc

Go to www.nexusmods.com

Click "not logged in" in the upper right.
Click "create an account".
Click the green "Register" button.
Scroll to the bottom of the new page and click "Create Account".

And the rest should be self-explanatory.

It didn't used to be that annoying but oh well, it still works once you finally make an account.
If this doesn't work I really don't know what to say. Should work fine on any modern computer/browser.
---
Steam: Sydite
#19Knighted DragonPosted 7/21/2014 5:54:54 AM
Raikouen posted...
I've only installed one mod, the one that makes your race's stats a more significant difference from other races' stats (such as Nord having a +10 Two Handed and +5 on One Handed, Smithing, etc).

Wut, why would you play Skyrim on PC and not mod it? That's the entire point, the original game is so eh. I beat it on two separate character vanilla and man it's seriously lacking. Right now I've got near photo-realistic graphics, beautiful trees that are hundreds of feet tall, chest high grass etc, things that really help the immersion while playing in a fantasy world. And then I've got hundreds of new spells that are balanced with the original game, enemies can use them too etc. You can have SO much more content, why would you play the bland vanilla version?

As others said, just back up your save folder and you won't lose anything. It's pretty easy to get back to where you were with the console anyway
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
#20JohnMafiaPosted 7/21/2014 6:02:07 AM
Some mods, specially graphics ones might need more system resources than the base game. So if you are pushing your system to play the vanilla game, modding it may be more than your PC can handle and cause errors.
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1173050/wilson-cruz.gif
http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-28790-0508f1032d1c7d.gif