This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the FEAR trilogy worth playing through?

#1ISDcaptain01Posted 7/20/2014 6:22:35 PM
I never have played a fear game but I'm jonesing for a nice horror game. So are they worth going through once?
---
My game programming portfolio:
aasimsgamelab.weebly.com
#2DividingSolidPosted 7/20/2014 6:27:23 PM
The first one is. 2nd one was awful and the 3rd I uninstalled after a few minutes.
---
Steam: Gaius Julius Caesar
8 gigs DDR3, Nvidia 660 Ti, i5 3570k
#3GTL581Posted 7/20/2014 6:27:50 PM
some people love them, but personally i couldn't really get into them. they weren't all that scary and they weren't that much fun to play. what kind of horror games are you looking for, and are you limited to just pc?
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#4pwnater777Posted 7/20/2014 6:29:54 PM
I have the first, but I've never played it. You can tell in the third that they tried to make it a generic FPS to compete in that over-saturated market.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#5Sora_AnbuPosted 7/20/2014 6:33:23 PM
Fear is like the matrix. To me there's only the first one. (and an interesting side story one)
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#6returnofbeansPosted 7/20/2014 6:40:36 PM
oh, cool. not to waste another thread, im looking for scary and / or horror games. i already got outlast and i thought it was pretty scary if you set the mood right. lights off dark room etc.

any one else got any recommendations? if any one has any recommendations for wii (without nunchuck) im happy to hear any and all.

as a bonus if it's multiplayer on 1 system that would be great. survival horror would be the best.
---
Intel i5-4750 3.2Ghz / MSI Z87-G41 / 2X 4GB DDR3 / 2 TB HDD / Geforce GTX 580 / 500W 80+ bronze
#7pwnater777Posted 7/20/2014 6:46:44 PM
returnofbeans posted...
oh, cool. not to waste another thread, im looking for scary and / or horror games. i already got outlast and i thought it was pretty scary if you set the mood right. lights off dark room etc.

any one else got any recommendations? if any one has any recommendations for wii (without nunchuck) im happy to hear any and all.

as a bonus if it's multiplayer on 1 system that would be great. survival horror would be the best.

I hear Amnesia is good. I also really think that the original Half-Life is a really dark game, and is perfect with the lights out. If you've never played it, it's definitely something you need to play one day. Hell, in my opinion, it outclasses Half-Life 2 by miles. Though, of course, we don't go to Ravenholm.
---
#8ChromaticAngelPosted 7/20/2014 6:48:52 PM
pwnater777 posted...
returnofbeans posted...

I hear Amnesia is good. I also really think that the original Half-Life is a really dark game, and is perfect with the lights out. If you've never played it, it's definitely something you need to play one day. Hell, in my opinion, it outclasses Half-Life 2 by miles. Though, of course, we don't go to Ravenholm.

Ravenholm from Half-Life 2 has more atmosphere than the entire game of Half-Life.
---
RPG Spotlight: Avernum http://www.gog.com/game/avernum_the_complete_saga
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/Mk2YM7aD
#9pwnater777Posted 7/20/2014 6:52:16 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
pwnater777 posted...
returnofbeans posted...

Ravenholm from Half-Life 2 has more atmosphere than the entire game of Half-Life.

That's your opinion. I would rather play Half-Life 1 than an entire game with the Ravenholm vibe, regardless of the fact that I love the level design.
---
#10Dark_SpiretPosted 7/20/2014 7:23:39 PM
1=great. amazing gunplay. great atmosphere and a surprisingly decent story. its environments and level design wear thin tho. its expansions are basically more of the same for better or worse.
2=good. improved environments and a decent continuation of the story. combat and scares take a hit. in general not as good as the first, but a solid shooter.
3=mediocre. fairly generic shooter overall with less emphasis on atmosphere, butchered story and sp length is cut in half of either 1 or 2. its coop and mp do a few interesting things, but not enough to save it.

check out 1 and 2. maybe 3 if youre really bored.
---
Currently playing: Divinity Original Sin - Sniper Elite III - Shovel Knight