This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What video card can I go up to without my FX-6300 bottlenecking it?

#51KURRUPTORPosted 7/22/2014 2:45:34 PM
Still waiting.

For what? I showed you over a dozen benchmarks from various games using various rigs all reiterating my point. If you want to refute that point that I'm making how about you pull up some proof of your own. Right now I'm arguing and showing proof of what I'm saying and you are just pulling information from your ass and spouting it as fact.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#52iiFroZenHeAveNzPosted 7/22/2014 3:17:29 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...
Still waiting.

For what? I showed you over a dozen benchmarks from various games using various rigs all reiterating my point. If you want to refute that point that I'm making how about you pull up some proof of your own. Right now I'm arguing and showing proof of what I'm saying and you are just pulling information from your ass and spouting it as fact.

I know... It's quite frustrating. I had to deal with this ignorance in previous topics too. Intel Fanboys will be Fanboys.. Things will only get worse once the Broadwell series come out and the Haswell series drop in price. I like AMD. They do provide good performance for the buck, although its top of the line FX-9590 is basically an OC version of the 8350 but sells at $330 x_x
---
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |
#53ShebeskiiPosted 7/22/2014 6:35:59 PM
Hi C posted...
Freedan12 posted...
ThisGuy101 posted...

AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR.

Don't fall into the pc money trap.

If the games you want to play will run at an acceptable setting to you on your current rig, ask yourself why do you need an upgrade.

Watch this youtube vid before making up your mind.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TiRg5X7OM0

Exactly, that's why either AMD or Intel is fine.

"Holy s*** my 6300 bottlenecked my 290x down to 100fps instead of 120 at 1080p guess I need to upgrade to a 4790!"

Most of the upper mid to high hardware on the market now will die from natural causes before you will be forced to upgrade.

More like 60 to 40
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#54ShebeskiiPosted 7/22/2014 6:38:20 PM(edited)
KURRUPTOR posted...
Still waiting.

It's been posted over and over. I don't understand why you keep avoiding those topics. No one is saying the FX6300 is pure garbage, at least I hope not, but acting like it's a good match for anything bud mid range cards is pretty ignorant. To do so is to ignore entire genres of PC oriented titles. I can't see how people could think like you and not.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#55DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/22/2014 7:46:39 PM(edited)
KURRUPTOR posted...
Still waiting.

It's right there in the quote.
I'm waiting.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#56KURRUPTORPosted 7/22/2014 8:43:06 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...
Still waiting.

I'm waiting.

I'm waiting for you... I showed you my evidence to support my argument, you have provided me with 0 evidence to support your argument.
---
#57KURRUPTORPosted 7/22/2014 8:46:07 PM
Shebeskii posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...
Still waiting.

It's been posted over and over. I don't understand why you keep avoiding those topics. No one is saying the FX6300 is pure garbage, at least I hope not, but acting like it's a good match for anything bud mid range cards is pretty ignorant. To do so is to ignore entire genres of PC oriented titles. I can't see how people could think like you and not.

What's been posted over and over? What am I avoiding?
---
#58DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/22/2014 9:40:38 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...
Still waiting.

I'm waiting.

I'm waiting for you... I showed you my evidence to support my argument, you have provided me with 0 evidence to support your argument.

DarkZV2Beta posted...
I see a lot of random forum posts and synthetic benchmarks. Howabout something substantial?
Since this is such an old hat discussion, why not show some actual benchmarks of actual CPU-limited situations? Say, a large scene in BL2, max settings, or that hill in the second stage of Crysis, from the top of the korean building, looking down at the village. Since things like Shadowplay and DXTory are so lightweight, it should be easy.

Still waiting.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#59BeefCastlePosted 7/22/2014 10:21:45 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I see a lot of random forum posts and synthetic benchmarks. Howabout something substantial?
Since this is such an old hat discussion, why not show some actual benchmarks of actual CPU-limited situations? Say, a large scene in BL2, max settings, or that hill in the second stage of Crysis, from the top of the korean building, looking down at the village. Since things like Shadowplay and DXTory are so lightweight, it should be easy.

Still waiting.

So, you want him to specifically seek out a fleeting situation in a game that will purposely show that intel cpu's are superior, even though he has stated that intel cpu's are faster. His argument is not that AMD cpu's are as fast as intels, he is arguing that in a vast majority of situations for the majority of games amd's cpus perform as well and have similar slowdowns for half the price. Why would anyone do the work for you to prove your point, when you are loading the situation to an obvious, well known intel advantage, i.e that intels chips are faster on a per core basis for extreme situations. You seem silly and you're acting like a child.
---
I climb mountains and I'm never wrong.
#60ClouddxPosted 7/22/2014 10:30:54 PM(edited)
BeefCastle posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Still waiting.

So, you want him to specifically seek out a fleeting situation in a game that will purposely show that intel cpu's are superior, even though he has stated that intel cpu's are faster. His argument is not that AMD cpu's are as fast as intels, he is arguing that in a vast majority of situations for the majority of games amd's cpus perform as well and have similar slowdowns for half the price. Why would anyone do the work for you to prove your point, when you are loading the situation to an obvious, well known intel advantage, i.e that intels chips are faster on a per core basis for extreme situations. You seem silly and you're acting like a child.

This is so untrue, for gaming even i3's outperform the best AMD CPUs. If you're not talking about gaming it's a different story.

Starcraft II, Arma 3, and many other games perform better on an i3 than on the 8350, and these are CPU heavy games.

http://www.hardwarepal.com/best-cpu-gaming-9-processors-8-games-tested/4/
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S