This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What video card can I go up to without my FX-6300 bottlenecking it?

#71PraetorXynPosted 7/23/2014 11:06:58 AM
KURRUPTOR posted...
i5s are generally about 230

i7s are (less than I thought) about 310

8320s are generally about 150 dollars

So i5s are about 80 dollars more and i7s are about 160 more. My bad on the exaggeration, it's still a significant difference.

The 8320 is a 8350 is a 9370 is a 9590, they just have different factory ocs. They are all the exact same CPU.

As to Phil maybe i3s are good, I really haven't looked into it (but since you mentioned it I will tonight), something tells me a dual core cpu is going to choke on a lot of games out there though.

That's (until recently as the i5-4690 Devil's Canyon CPU released) $230-235 for the absolute best i5. There are lower end i5's for around $180-190 that will still consistently outperform the 8320 unless you spend so much on an overclocking AMD motherboard you may as well have got the i5 anyway.

When Ivy Bridge released, the i5-3570K was about $220, and the FX-8350 was $190. A $30 difference for significantly better performance was nothing, and $60-80 isn't much worse.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#72YOeastonYOPosted 7/23/2014 12:34:44 PM
Arguing over performance is irrelevant at this point.

The real issue is that someone actually thinks a 6300 will bottleneck a Tahiti gpu.
---
Anime sucks
#73ThisGuy101(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 9:15:41 PM
YOeastonYO posted...

The real issue is that someone actually thinks a 6300 will bottleneck a Tahiti gpu.

I'm new to PC gaming.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#74DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/24/2014 2:13:38 AM
KURRUPTOR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

It's really not as simple as "a few fleeting situations". Those are just some easy examples of consistent performance problems with AMD processors.
They're just not really a good value outside of some mainstream console ports.

You keep talking about these consistent performance problems...where are they exactly. Or are we just talking out of our ass again?

Almost any game that isn't a mainstream console port, or anything running UE3 that's at all even remotely demanding on any level.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#75DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/24/2014 2:14:24 AM
YOeastonYO posted...

It will. Whether or not it's a serious issue depends on the games in question and the standards of the person playing it, but it'd be a lie to say it won't.
---
#76KURRUPTORPosted 7/24/2014 3:54:20 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

It's really not as simple as "a few fleeting situations". Those are just some easy examples of consistent performance problems with AMD processors.
They're just not really a good value outside of some mainstream console ports.

You keep talking about these consistent performance problems...where are they exactly. Or are we just talking out of our ass again?

Almost any game that isn't a mainstream console port, or anything running UE3 that's at all even remotely demanding on any level.

You just keep talking... making claims with nothing to support them.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#77Hi CPosted 7/24/2014 4:11:59 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
YOeastonYO posted...

It will. Whether or not it's a serious issue depends on the games in question and the standards of the person playing it, but it'd be a lie to say it won't.

http://youtu.be/DAgpvWc4VBM?t=2m7s
#78YOeastonYOPosted 7/24/2014 12:59:08 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
YOeastonYO posted...

Ha
---
Anime sucks
#79DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/24/2014 1:59:50 PM
Hi C posted...

That explanation was laughably bad. Thanks.
"CPU sends a signal to the GPU telling it to slow down" lol.
---
#80Hi CPosted 7/24/2014 11:50:32 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Hi C posted...

That explanation was laughably bad. Thanks.
"CPU sends a signal to the GPU telling it to slow down" lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZQ-HTOtNxg

Sums up your presence on these boards.