This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are all ubisofts games poorly optimized for PC

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. are all ubisofts games poorly optimized for PC
1 year ago#1
I was thinking about getting assassins creed unity for the pc when it comes out, but I keep hearing about how all of ubisofts games have been poorly optimized and run badly. Should I just get it on the ps4?
I5 4430 | evga 750ti SC ACX 2GB | corsair h60 | ASRock Extreme4 | G Skill sniper 8GB DDR3-1600 | Corsair gs800 | SG 320GB+1tb | corsair 200r |
1 year ago#2

.... well...

...Rayman Legends and Child of Light might be okay.

Don't quote me on that.. I have the Wii U versions.

Seriously though, you're probably better off just avoiding Ubisoft sandboxes in general. They're average-at-best even on their lead platform.
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
1 year ago#3
I haven't really had notable problems. Even Watch Dogs ran fairly well on aging hardware in my experience....
1 year ago#4
Just got AC4, and I don't mind it. Then again I'm new to PC gaming so IDK what to expect to be honest...
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
1 year ago#5
They're badly optimized for high end GPU's which means the game's scaling takes a nose dive once you crank the settings up to their highest.

If you have a mid range system and are comfortable with 30 fps at 1080p with medium details then you should be fine.
1 year ago#6
The Rayman games, Driver SF, and Assassin's Creed 2-4 worked great for me. I've only had problems with AC1 and Watchdogs.
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell\
1 year ago#7
I've had no issues with ubisoft games' performance but I haven't played or have had any desire to play Watch Dogs.
1 year ago#8
Didn't have problems with any of the AC games, except for 3. Haven't played 4.
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
1 year ago#9
On a geforce 560, maxed out AC Revolutions except for AA. Ran Farcry 3 on mid-high
Upgraded to a 670, haven't had any problems with any ubi game. Haven't tried watchdogs though.
PSN: Arcjo
Stomping goombas, kicking turtle shells, and eating mushrooms since 1984
1 year ago#10
I had some studdering issues with Watchdogs, regardless of the settings, but it wasn't so bad. Played it with everything maxed out and it was such a gorgeous game. I thought it was a pretty good game too. Not sure why people hate it so much.
My fight stick:
My team combos:
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. are all ubisofts games poorly optimized for PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived