This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Doom is apparently making a come back

#21ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/21/2014 5:10:57 AM
Doom 3 was good.
#22LvthnPosted 7/21/2014 5:41:21 AM
Doom 3 is ok but I do not think we need to return to that particular well again. Doom 4 should definitely try something else.
#23DiviDudePosted 7/21/2014 5:42:31 AM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Doom3 was fantastic if you enjoyed an entire game of cat-scare moments, peashooter weapons, and toggling the flashlight pointlessly as you ran around waiting for the next monster to predictably jump around the corner.

Just missing the fact that it's the most corridor-shootey corridor shooter in the history of corridor shooters. But that all just about sums it up.
#24ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/21/2014 5:55:56 AM
DiviDude posted...
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Doom3 was fantastic if you enjoyed an entire game of cat-scare moments, peashooter weapons, and toggling the flashlight pointlessly as you ran around waiting for the next monster to predictably jump around the corner.

Just missing the fact that it's the most corridor-shootey corridor shooter in the history of corridor shooters. But that all just about sums it up.

I bet you people like Bioshock Infinite.
#25SnipeStarPosted 7/21/2014 8:36:21 AM
Lord_Vader posted...
I don't understand why they are rebooting the series for the second time. I mean the ending for Doom 3 kind of hinted at a sequel so couldn't they work off of that?

doom 3 is a horrible game, and you should feel bad for not understanding why it makes more sense to just wipe the slate clean and try again than make a sequel to a preposterously bad game
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#26Chaos_MissilePosted 7/21/2014 9:12:19 AM
phy2jsh posted...
Kad-Man posted...
phy2jsh posted...
MasterFenix95 posted...
Blobs_ posted...
Basically Doom 3 wasn't a doom game.

Just like the Doom movie wasn't a doom movie. Its still good, just not for being what is was.
I personally like Doom 3 although its no where as good as the first two.

Did you just say the doom movie is good?

Its good in its own corny way and you know it. Just like all those horrible chinese movies that are soo bad they are good.

Don't make up excuses for liking terrible movies; I don't subscribe to the 'So bad it's good' concept. Things can be cheesy and still be good (eg. Wolfenstein The New Order). The Doom film was just plain bad.

I think what he meant was that as a movie, it was decent. As a movie based on Doom, it fell flat.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#27Goldninja(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 9:17:53 AM
Didn't enjoy the Doom movie until the end with the first person segment. Even as a movie, it wasn't good.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#28GM_Posted 7/21/2014 9:20:17 AM
phy2jsh posted...
Kad-Man posted...
phy2jsh posted...
MasterFenix95 posted...
Blobs_ posted...
Basically Doom 3 wasn't a doom game.

Just like the Doom movie wasn't a doom movie. Its still good, just not for being what is was.
I personally like Doom 3 although its no where as good as the first two.

Did you just say the doom movie is good?

Its good in its own corny way and you know it. Just like all those horrible chinese movies that are soo bad they are good.

Don't make up excuses for liking terrible movies; I don't subscribe to the 'So bad it's good' concept. Things can be cheesy and still be good (eg. Wolfenstein The New Order). The Doom film was just plain bad.

So you can't think for yourself and enjoy things for what they are? Even if they're so bad that they're good charm to them? I feel sorry for you. What do you think cult classic movies are? They're movies that were terrible yet still managed to maintain a fanbase.
---
CooperRC: "The 360 and PS3 are just fighting in the special olympics, the PC version is king."
#29xBrokenxHaloxPosted 7/21/2014 9:20:51 AM
Doom sucks
---
Error. Human is dead, mismatch.
#30xanthan1Posted 7/21/2014 10:23:12 AM
GM_ posted...

So you can't think for yourself and enjoy things for what they are? Even if they're so bad that they're good charm to them? I feel sorry for you. What do you think cult classic movies are? They're movies that were terrible yet still managed to maintain a fanbase.

Uh, some cult classics are movies that flew under the radar and didn't see widespread appeal for other reasons. I mean look at Clerks, no one could call it a terrible movie. Or other movies that focus on a genre that lacks mainstream appeal.