This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Doom is apparently making a come back

#41Orestes417Posted 7/21/2014 1:33:04 PM
JKatarn posted...
I will say I am encouraged by the tweet from John Romero stating "The new Doom is going to be amazing", as I understand he was in attendance at Quakecon so I imagine he had the opportunity to see the gameplay demo/play the game (plus he has no vested interested in its success/failure as he hasn't been at iD for ages).

To be fair he did say the same about Daikatana...
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#42NeninaPosted 7/21/2014 1:56:00 PM
If the demons aren't from Hell, then no thanks.
#43Lemur_HPosted 7/21/2014 1:58:12 PM
120 Frames Per Second?
#44LazyyAmericanPosted 7/21/2014 2:21:24 PM(edited)
To be honest I didn't mind Doom 3....but ultimately it was nothing remarkable either. Impressive graphics though for the time.
---
A true cinematic 24 fps experience
#45phy2jshPosted 7/21/2014 3:08:42 PM
GM_ posted...

So you can't think for yourself and enjoy things for what they are? Even if they're so bad that they're good charm to them? I feel sorry for you. What do you think cult classic movies are? They're movies that were terrible yet still managed to maintain a fanbase.

Nothing you said makes any kind of sense.

Why can't I think for myself? I'm the one being honest. The people who say films are 'so bad they are good' are the same people who refer to having 'guilty pleasures', as if it gets them off the hook for liking crap music. Either you like something or you don't.

How did you decide cult movies are terrible? They are often movies that are good but werent a critical success.
I thought doom was a terrible film. If you like it, fine. But don't tell me you like it because it is bad and that I should too, as that makes zero sense to me.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#46samuraigaidenPosted 7/21/2014 3:29:26 PM
GM_ posted...
What do you think cult classic movies are? They're movies that were terrible yet still managed to maintain a fanbase.

no, they are not. go back to school kiddo.
#47Pal 080Posted 7/21/2014 3:50:26 PM(edited)
Doom 3 was aright, but I'd much prefer a fast paced and open kind of Doom of old, with plenty of secret passages and the like, and not having everything being shroud in darkness for the sake of it...

I'm definitely interested in another Doom if they can make it more frantic and open than your typical shooter these days, otherwise, not so much.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#48SilentHawk29Posted 7/21/2014 4:35:35 PM
Screw Doom, where is my HeXeN 3?! Who even owns the rights to this now? id or Raven (I guess that would make it Activision's)?
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#49AlexKidd5000Posted 7/21/2014 4:36:27 PM
Just as long as the new Doom is just Doom of old, an epic run and gun shooter, with health/weapon/gun/ect pick ups, and hard as hell (pun intended). And has ALL the original enemies in glorious 3D that puts every other game to shame.
#50Goldninja(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 9:02:28 PM
They just better make it moddable. I enjoyed Doom 3 for what it was, despite being disappointed by it. There were some great mods for that game though. Mods for Doom 2 were all over the place and some were better than the base game. Modding is in Doom's blood, so they better not lock it down like so many games are these days.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus