This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Singleplayer Games that uses/collects cards?

#11nickizgr8Posted 7/21/2014 3:28:28 AM
Even though it does have multiplayer, well it's a MMO, battleforge is a really good card connecting game. You collect cards to make your deck and you use the cards in your deck to summon creatures you then control like a RTS game.

It has PVP and PVE. I never actually bothered with PVP really. PVE has a single player campaign a 2 player campiagn a 3 player campaign and so on. The only downside is to really get good cards you need to play money or wait about a month ingame and collect to 1-2 Battleforge points a day so you can play the AH. I was able to get enough points for a quite a lot of high cost cards by finding cards being sold really cheap then selling them high. Took a while though but it was worth it.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#12GarquillPosted 7/21/2014 5:04:53 AM
Hearthstone just got a single player campaign
---
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#13someguyshandPosted 7/21/2014 5:06:32 AM
nickizgr8 posted...
Even though it does have multiplayer, well it's a MMO, battleforge is a really good card connecting game. You collect cards to make your deck and you use the cards in your deck to summon creatures you then control like a RTS game.

It has PVP and PVE. I never actually bothered with PVP really. PVE has a single player campaign a 2 player campiagn a 3 player campaign and so on. The only downside is to really get good cards you need to play money or wait about a month ingame and collect to 1-2 Battleforge points a day so you can play the AH. I was able to get enough points for a quite a lot of high cost cards by finding cards being sold really cheap then selling them high. Took a while though but it was worth it.

Aren't the Battleforge servers shutdown now?
---
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55859/122kyz9.gif
#14R i c kPosted 7/21/2014 5:39:48 AM(edited)
There's Card City Nights: http://store.steampowered.com/app/271820/
Fun & quirky little card game. Single-player only which is fine since it's not really balanced for multiplayer. I liked it and it took me about 13 hours to 100% it.

100% Orange Juice is also pretty fun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/282800/
It's more of a board game with dice battling and collectible card game elements, though. It has single and multiplayer. The multiplayer is certainly a lot more fun considering the single-player is rigged so the AI gets harder to beat the further you progress. It's worth picking up, though, especially if you see it on sale. I have 25 hours on this. I've 100% the single player and I play multiplayer from time to time.

Garquille14 posted...
Hearthstone just got a single player campaign

Correction: It's getting one. Hopefully tomorrow, if all is still going according to plan.The campaign will be broken up into wings and only the first one will be free, though. If you want to avoid multiplayer you'll have to unlock the rest of the wings with cold hard cash.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded and others. Tune in!
#15Blade_KirbyPosted 7/21/2014 5:33:19 AM
Garquille14 posted...
Mega Man Battle Network series

though it's a hybrid action card game (and very good)

---
"Ok when Terramorphous dies we're all gonna whip our ***** out and whoever has the biggest one gets all the loot." - Gnarrkill
#16nickizgr8Posted 7/21/2014 6:41:25 AM
someguyshand posted...
nickizgr8 posted...

Aren't the Battleforge servers shutdown now?

They are? Damn now I feel kinda sad. It was such a good game.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#17pothocketPosted 7/21/2014 6:50:27 AM
Steam has a cheap game called Card City Nights that might be what your looking for but the mechanics are really disappointing for a CCG game.

You mentioned having a DS so I recommend Battles of Prince of Persia if you haven't played it yet. It combines turn-based tactics gameplay with CCGing and is pretty good.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#18jokujokujokuPosted 7/21/2014 6:59:33 AM
Shandalar
#19MasterFenix95Posted 7/21/2014 8:31:45 AM
Solitaire is always good, when I feel for a challenge I play Spider Solitaire.
---
Two wrongs don't make a right, but two negatives do make a positive.
#20KillerTrufflePosted 7/21/2014 10:02:51 AM
You wouldn't necessarily realize it at first glance, but Etherlords 1 & 2 are exactly that. It's a trading card type game, but with gameplay rendered using actual creature models rather than having the look of cards. Core elements are all there tho - build/customize a deck, includes creatures, spells, etc., random draw... It has both a campaign similar to the old 1999 Microprose Magic: The Gathering, and just raw "duel" mode that lets you build and test decks freely.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23