This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I get a decent gaming rig for ~800?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can I get a decent gaming rig for ~800?
1 year ago#11
LostPride posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
there's no argument... he's just plain wrong(unless he was indeed counting indie games etc. as part of the equation).

a $800 self-built alone without any accessories including OS that maxes the absolute majority of new demanding games out there is pushing it... with a prebuilt it's downright impossible.

as for suggestions:
http://www.ecollegepc.com/intel-core-i5-4670-cpu-gaming.html

change:
cpu to 4440
motherboard to gigabyte b85m
power supply to corsair 430w

comes out to $813 but if you want to save further then remove DVD drive. remember this is without operating system.

How would that system handle newer games?

270's fine. Won't run anything on ultra but you'll get by on medium / low.
1 year ago#12
I think you're underestimating a 270.
Ultra, no, but that is easily enough for many settings on high with a few of the more demanding setting turned down to medium or so.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
1 year ago#13
You can if you build it yourself, not for a prebuilt.
1 year ago#14
Let whoever is buying it for you know you can get a much better deal by building it yourself. They'll understand.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
1 year ago#15
AsucaHayashi posted...
Clashtonn posted...
Mine was under 800 over a year ago and plays most games maxed out at 1080p/60fps.
You're crazy if you think that's not enough. most games don't push PCs very much.

post a $800 prebuilt able to max most new games out there then.
unless you're being facetious and including the random low req indie/early access game out there as part of that number in which case a $300 would meet that criteria.

I used to build my own pc's for gaming, but I didn't feel like it the last time and I saw a great on a pre built and I had to get it.
I bought what is listed below for $800 about 2.5 years, and it worked great until about a few months ago and I decided to get a new video card. That video card is a PowerColor PCS+ AX7950 Radeon HD 7950 3GB, which I will get soon in the mail in the next couple of days and I just can't wait.
Dell XPS 8300 (X8300-7008NBK)
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4 GHz
Graphics Card: ATI AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB
RAM: 8 GB
HDD: 2TB
PSU: Dell 460W D460AD-00
---
---
Xbox360/One + PS3/4 + Wii U + PC = Awesomeness!!!
1 year ago#16
pitt12177 posted...
LostPride posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
there's no argument... he's just plain wrong(unless he was indeed counting indie games etc. as part of the equation).

a $800 self-built alone without any accessories including OS that maxes the absolute majority of new demanding games out there is pushing it... with a prebuilt it's downright impossible.

as for suggestions:
http://www.ecollegepc.com/intel-core-i5-4670-cpu-gaming.html

change:
cpu to 4440
motherboard to gigabyte b85m
power supply to corsair 430w

comes out to $813 but if you want to save further then remove DVD drive. remember this is without operating system.

How would that system handle newer games?

270's fine. Won't run anything on ultra but you'll get by on medium / low.

270x has run everything I've thrown at it on Ultra at above 60. Alan Wake is the only thing it struggles with, and it can still keep 60 most of the time. Then again, I haven't put anything from 2014 on it yet.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kTBcGX

That's $640, and once you factor in an OS and PSU, it'll be about $800. You can even get a better GPU (or CPU, although if you want intel you'll need a different motherboard) and get the Windows 8.1 evaluation so you can push back paying for the OS by about 3 months. So you can switch to a cheaper motherboard, don't get Windows just yet, and get an i5 and 280x for about $800 and be golden, if you want. But building is also much better than buying.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
1 year ago#17
I used to build my own pc's for gaming, but I didn't feel like it the last time and I saw a great on a pre built and I had to get it.
I bought what is listed below for $800 about 2.5 years, and it worked great until about a few months ago and I decided to get a new video card.

the 6770 was a lower end budget card upon its release and certainly much worse than ideal price:performance cards like 6850/6870 released before it. it could play all games out no problem, but it definitely did not come close to maxing most of the demanding ones out at the time.

the real meat of the computer went towards the cpu which still holds up great today.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
1 year ago#18
Prebuilt: Maybe?
Custom: Hell yes
---
See you, space cowboy
1 year ago#19
I'd like to be able to play most newer games on max if possible, and be able to run "next gen" releases on at least high.

Maxed out? No. Well? Yes.
1 year ago#20
For $800 you can build a pretty solid gaming PC.

Some thing that should at least run every thing on High 1080p 60 FPS.

Don't buy a prebuilt you will get junk. just ask some friends or ask some body to catch you up on what's what with new PC parts.

Or I am sure some one can give you some build idea's for $800.
---
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can I get a decent gaming rig for ~800?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived