This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

first time amd card

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. first time amd card

User Info: imprezas

imprezas
2 years ago#1
hi i just got my new pc i74790 r9270x and 16gb i have dark souls but it lags a litle and have problems with AA and some other graphic issues so i think its from drivers i dont know a thing about amd cards i downloaded some beta drivers it says driver version atiumdag 14200 1004 are those the latest?also crysis 3 lags on ultra low fps am i missing something it was supposed to play them on full settings..
intel q9300 quad core 2.50ghz,1TB,gtx 560 TI,psu coolermaster GX750watt,6gb ram ddr2 GAMES=FUN ONLY

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
2 years ago#2
download stable drivers.
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

imprezas
2 years ago#3
what do u mean stable?
intel q9300 quad core 2.50ghz,1TB,gtx 560 TI,psu coolermaster GX750watt,6gb ram ddr2 GAMES=FUN ONLY

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#4
You said you got beta drivers, by definition those are not stable. I think Catalyst 14.4 is the latest stable AMD driver. The current beta is 14.7.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
2 years ago#5
Welcome to AMD driver support...
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: Trance_Fan

Trance_Fan
2 years ago#6
the beta drivers are bad..make sure your video card is installed properly, and that the power cablces are connected

uninstall the 14.7 drivers and install 14.4 drivers from april 2014
i think it's nice

imprezas
2 years ago#7
i dont even know where it says what driver version i got.....it just says driver version 14200.1004.0 are those the right ones?

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#8
Since you said you downloaded a beta driver, just download the latest stable driver (14.4) from http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64#amd-catalyst-packages (assuming you have Windows 7 or 8 64-bit), uninstall whatever you have currently installed, then install 14.4, then go from there.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

imprezas
2 years ago#9
ok i will just do that ty :)

imprezas
2 years ago#10
now it says driver version 14.100.0.0 are those the 14.4 drivers..this amd is trouble..
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. first time amd card

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived