This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have 5 PCs in the house. How many of them can have my steam games?

#1AzurexNightmarePosted 7/21/2014 11:45:02 AM
Of course not all of them belong to me. I know PS3 has a 2 only limit but how many does Steam have?
---
PC "Master" Race. Belittling others for enjoying the same hobby that they do since...always.
#2KillerTrufflePosted 7/21/2014 11:45:46 AM
All of them. Only one can be *playing* your games at any given time tho...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#3AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 11:46:58 AM
Okay so lets say I am playing, for example, Skyrim on PC1.

PC2 is playing Fallout: New Vegas. Can this happen? Or only one logged in at a time no matter what the game is?
---
PC "Master" Race. Belittling others for enjoying the same hobby that they do since...always.
#4LvthnPosted 7/21/2014 11:49:22 AM(edited)
Only if the game can be played without Steam running at all can more than one computer run Steam games at the same time.

Steam treats accounts as your personal account, not household, but allows that one gamer can have a bunch of machines - but can only play one at a time.
#5ShubPosted 7/21/2014 11:48:58 AM
I haven't tested Steam's family/game sharing thing yet, but wouldn't that help in this situation?
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#6AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 11:51:58 AM
Shub posted...
I haven't tested Steam's family/game sharing thing yet, but wouldn't that help in this situation?

How do I use that?
---
#7Mudkip57Posted 7/21/2014 11:52:41 AM
All of them can be simultaneously logged in, but as others have said you can only have one game running
#8ShubPosted 7/21/2014 11:53:45 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#9JohnMafiaPosted 7/21/2014 11:55:18 AM
Shub posted...

Family sharing allows only 1 account to access the library at a time. If the primary account holder is playing any game on Steam, anyone sharing the library will be booted.
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1173050/wilson-cruz.gif
http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-28790-0508f1032d1c7d.gif
#10AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 11:58:51 AM
What if I sign off the internet when I play a single player game, and the other PC, while on the internet, plays a game?

Don't tell me some games require me to be signed in <_< I'm just playing old Nosferatu right now lol.
---