This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which manufacturer has the best support?

#1BogePosted 7/21/2014 1:28:20 PM
Which manufacturer has the best support? - Results (89 votes)
Gigabyte
7.87% (7 votes)
Asus
17.98% (16 votes)
ASRock
2.25% (2 votes)
MSI
6.74% (6 votes)
EVGA
62.92% (56 votes)
PNY
1.12% (1 votes)
Zotak
1.12% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've recently been treated poorly by Gigabyte so I'm considering a new go to name brand.

If there are others that you like that just do power supplies or ram or other parts, feel free to mention those.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#2nightwind13xPosted 7/21/2014 1:35:34 PM(edited)
I voted for EVGA since they are the clear cut winner. However despite Asus having absolutely horrible no brain public support, getting to know some of the more specialized ROG Asus CS members goes a long way in terms of getting actual awesome support.
---
GTX 780 SC ACX || 2600K @ 4.5GHZ || 8gb G.Skill Ram || 180GB CorsairGT SSD
#3Hypertext_EyePosted 7/21/2014 2:44:44 PM
nightwind13x posted...
I voted for EVGA since they are the clear cut winner.

I wouldn't say it's clear cut. I bought one of their OC GPUs a few years ago and it would not work longer than 5 minutes without extreme artifacting. They would not help me at all, in spite of their "lifetime guarantee." (I eventually solved the problem by underclocking)
#4StormKMDPosted 7/21/2014 2:46:59 PM
Honestly these polls aren't even fair because EVGA. I don't even have an EVGA and I know how great they are. If you wanna do a poll like this, don't include EVGA.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K Phantek PH-TC14PE_BK | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | 1500GBs HDD | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/StormKMD
#5NingishzidaPosted 7/21/2014 2:56:01 PM
I've never had any problems, so I wouldn't know. Guess I'm just lucky.
#6KillerTrufflePosted 7/21/2014 2:56:45 PM
Hypertext_Eye posted...
nightwind13x posted...
I voted for EVGA since they are the clear cut winner.

I wouldn't say it's clear cut. I bought one of their OC GPUs a few years ago and it would not work longer than 5 minutes without extreme artifacting. They would not help me at all, in spite of their "lifetime guarantee." (I eventually solved the problem by underclocking)

Something tells me there's got to be more to the story, because that is hugely atypical for EVGA. Are you sure you called the right number? Or even the right company? If you recall part of their response to your complaints being "Stop calling us about this - we sell pizza!" then you might not have actually been talking to EVGA.

Seriously tho - that's not normal for EVGA tech support. Unless you did something to directly damage the GPU yourself (maybe pushed the OC farther yourself?), they're great about RMA. And even if you *did* damage it by doing something stupid, half the time they'll fix/replace it anyway.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#7hk7111Posted 7/21/2014 3:20:13 PM
Thankfully haven't had to use any support knock on wood, So i cant really vote here.
---
Steam: Hk1777, Gtag: RAlNB0W D4SH (Yes its an L) Psn: hk1777
PC, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS, Xbox 360, Wii, Iphone, Ipad, 17 Kyocera Hydros (Not joking)
#8cody4783Posted 7/21/2014 3:22:42 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Are you sure you called the right number? Or even the right company? If you recall part of their response to your complaints being "Stop calling us about this - we sell pizza!" then you might not have actually been talking to EVGA.

Genuinely Lol'd at that. If only because I could picture the argument and confused pizzeria worker with some enraged man that keeps calling about his graphics card not working.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/zgyKBAY.jpg
#9BiglabronPosted 7/21/2014 3:34:35 PM
EVGA is seriously solid.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#10Garage_ManPosted 7/21/2014 4:10:23 PM
EVGA. I bought a 780 a little while back 2nd hand and had an issue with it. I messaged then and a few hours later they said they would take back a used card.

I have never had support like that before.