This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia Tegra K1 Unreal Engine 4 demo

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia Tegra K1 Unreal Engine 4 demo

User Info: snkboi

snkboi
2 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-tAZtbDZ8E

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8214/nvidia-and-epic-games-showcase-the-power-of-tegra-k1-with-unreal-engine-4-rivalry-demo

wow this chip is amazing
i think it's nice

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 years ago#2
I haven't been keeping up on mobile graphics... is this thing only going to be for tablets, or are they going to try and stuff it into phones as well? I hope they have some good heat management options, considering neither has anything in the way of airflow for cooling.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
2 years ago#3
Looks like crap.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 years ago#4
Very impressive for a ~5w soc. Full realtime reflections, advanced lighting and specular, lens distortion, and a solid framerate.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 years ago#5
By the time Unreal Engine 5 comes out the same number of people who actually bought a tegra tablet will equal the number of mobile games that actually look like their demos.

Mobile developers aren't going to sink the time into making a mobile game that looks like that. That isn't what the mobile market is about.

They showed off the same stuff after Tegra 3 and no one is even using that chip to it's power yet, least of all on Android.

User Info: DRAGON07891230

DRAGON07891230
2 years ago#6
KillerTruffle posted...
I haven't been keeping up on mobile graphics... is this thing only going to be for tablets, or are they going to try and stuff it into phones as well? I hope they have some good heat management options, considering neither has anything in the way of airflow for cooling.

nVidia had been putting their Tegra chips into phones, but I think they stopped doing that after the Tegra 4 (maybe 3?) flopped sales wise.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

User Info: hitokiri13

hitokiri13
2 years ago#7
I wonder why don't they do this on low end PCs.
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.

User Info: Enigma149

Enigma149
2 years ago#8
hitokiri13 posted...
I wonder why don't they do this on low end PCs.

I imagine they will if PCs ever make the switch to ARM.

Which, being fair, is completely possible...just unlikely.
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 years ago#9
There are actually ARM laptops running Linux or other OS. It's just kind of a niche market.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross

User Info: dementedlullaby

dementedlullaby
2 years ago#10
It has the same look as Daylight (which makes sense since UE4). With some ini file edits you can get rid of that gross "glossy/blurry" effect but for tablets I guess you're stuck with what you're given. So bleh.

The video is still fairly impressive considering though.
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia Tegra K1 Unreal Engine 4 demo

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived