This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia Tegra K1 Unreal Engine 4 demo

#1snkboiPosted 7/21/2014 3:16:50 PM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-tAZtbDZ8E

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8214/nvidia-and-epic-games-showcase-the-power-of-tegra-k1-with-unreal-engine-4-rivalry-demo

wow this chip is amazing
---
i think it's nice
#2KillerTrufflePosted 7/21/2014 3:23:16 PM
I haven't been keeping up on mobile graphics... is this thing only going to be for tablets, or are they going to try and stuff it into phones as well? I hope they have some good heat management options, considering neither has anything in the way of airflow for cooling.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#3EpicKingdom_Posted 7/21/2014 3:25:07 PM
Looks like crap.
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/21/2014 3:36:36 PM
Very impressive for a ~5w soc. Full realtime reflections, advanced lighting and specular, lens distortion, and a solid framerate.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#5Hi CPosted 7/21/2014 3:46:55 PM
By the time Unreal Engine 5 comes out the same number of people who actually bought a tegra tablet will equal the number of mobile games that actually look like their demos.

Mobile developers aren't going to sink the time into making a mobile game that looks like that. That isn't what the mobile market is about.

They showed off the same stuff after Tegra 3 and no one is even using that chip to it's power yet, least of all on Android.
#6DRAGON07891230Posted 7/21/2014 4:47:32 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
I haven't been keeping up on mobile graphics... is this thing only going to be for tablets, or are they going to try and stuff it into phones as well? I hope they have some good heat management options, considering neither has anything in the way of airflow for cooling.

nVidia had been putting their Tegra chips into phones, but I think they stopped doing that after the Tegra 4 (maybe 3?) flopped sales wise.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#7hitokiri13Posted 7/21/2014 4:47:50 PM
I wonder why don't they do this on low end PCs.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#8Enigma149Posted 7/21/2014 4:54:17 PM
hitokiri13 posted...
I wonder why don't they do this on low end PCs.

I imagine they will if PCs ever make the switch to ARM.

Which, being fair, is completely possible...just unlikely.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/21/2014 6:20:49 PM
There are actually ARM laptops running Linux or other OS. It's just kind of a niche market.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#10dementedlullabyPosted 7/21/2014 6:45:03 PM
It has the same look as Daylight (which makes sense since UE4). With some ini file edits you can get rid of that gross "glossy/blurry" effect but for tablets I guess you're stuck with what you're given. So bleh.

The video is still fairly impressive considering though.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death