This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is nobody plying Civilization V online?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is nobody plying Civilization V online?

User Info: harcoreblazer

2 years ago#1
Last time i checked there wasn't anybody.
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.

User Info: KingKobo

2 years ago#2
37K people isn't enough for you?

2 years ago#3
That's how many people are on steam playing it, not how many are playing online matches.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 117

User Info: arleas

2 years ago#4
Civ V isn't really the kind of game you just play with some least it doesn't sound appealing to me.

User Info: AsucaHayashi

2 years ago#5
i lack patience waiting for the stupid computer to make their moves... don't think i would last online.
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.

User Info: PhilOnDez

2 years ago#6
Yeah, I'd never want to play with someone I didn't know. Without 'your turn' texts I just don't see a match being played to completion.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: fallenswords

2 years ago#7
two reasons.

1. a game takes 5-7 hours to complete, and thats if everyone is snappy with their turns.

2. a certain trading glitch that allows people to steal your cities.
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM:
Katawa Shoujo changed my life.

User Info: nightshadeA

2 years ago#8
lol i remeber playing civ 2 on heat ms gaming zone and finally though tc/ip direct connection....... never finished a game becuase people would quit once ya got the pyramids and great library great wall and leonardos workshop..... or had tech hassles.....there was always someone screaming to go faster ........
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free"neworder
"mr zurkon dosent shoot and ask questions later asking questions is stupid

User Info: I_Am_On_Fire

2 years ago#9
I was playing Civ V online last night.
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64

User Info: boochy

2 years ago#10
Because even if you do get a full game with real people, within an hour they will have all left the game... so you might as well just play a SP game.
Xbox Live GT/PSN ID - Duck Tales LOL/DuckTalesLOL
Steam ID: DuckTalesLOL
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is nobody plying Civilization V online?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived