This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's this for a high-end gaming rig?

#11JinchusePosted 7/21/2014 8:53:01 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
So Razer Nay, Logitech Yay, alright.

Is there anything more powerful than a GTX 780 ti aside of a Titan?

No, its Nvidia's best single GPU period. The Titan Black only has more VRAM which won't make any difference in 1080p. If you're dead set on maximum performance then you'll need dual GPU's.
#12iiFroZenHeAveNzPosted 7/21/2014 8:56:27 PM(edited)
Man the cost to performance ratio of the 780 Ti compared to the regular 780 isn't worth it in my opinion. You're going to probably squeeze out maybe 5-7 fps more but that doesn't make a huge difference. I'd rather save myself $200 dollars and put that towards a 4790k and a high end Z97 Mobo and a 212 Evo/Noctua.
---
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |
#13LvthnPosted 7/21/2014 9:01:38 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
So Razer Nay, Logitech Yay, alright.

Is there anything more powerful than a GTX 780 ti aside of a Titan?

Sure, a pair of GPUs. Two 780s will be a lot more power per dollar than a single 780 Ti. That really will max virtually everything at 1080p.
#14DragnfyrPosted 7/21/2014 9:16:52 PM(edited)
At the current prices getting a 128GB SSD is minimum. Actually I'd recommend you drop down to 8GB of RAM and get a 256GB SSD instead. By the time 16GB will be required for gaming DDR3 will be obsolete.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
#15harcoreblazer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 9:21:23 PM
Dragnfyr posted...
At the current prices getting a 128GB SSD is minimum. Actually I'd recommend you drop down to 8GB of RAM and get a 256GB SSD instead. By the time 16GB will be required for gaming DDR3 will be obsolete.

Idk, Star Citizen Minimum Requirements ask for 8gb.

I think there's a few more games out there asking for that.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#16TimePharaohPosted 7/21/2014 9:45:57 PM
You make a lot of topics about computers you're never going to buy. Just stay on the farm.
#17MarikhenPosted 7/21/2014 9:49:36 PM
Insofar as Star Citizen is concerned, "There will be a lot of optimization in the next 24-months, plus the usual fast pace of technology, so it is hard to say absolutely. At the moment you will be able to play it on a 4GB dual core PC with a GTX 460 or greater, but not with full fidelity. If you’re running an i7 2500, 2600, 2700 or better with a GTX 670 or greater you will get the full experience and we will only scale up from there. You will need a dedicated GPU. Since the game is built on CryEngine, their system requirements will stay roughly the same as ours." It should also be noted that a brief search did not turn up any RAM requirements, recommended or otherwise, over 8GB.

#1 If you're going to "waste" money on RAM get a full 32GB. Nothing, not even Star Citizen except during the extremely unoptimized alpha tests, requires 8GB for single client gaming much less 16GB. At least with 32GB you can afford to create a RAM drive to store often used local files to get performance better than with SSDs.

#2 Speaking of SSDs, and as already pointed out, an SSD would be a very smart idea.

Frankly, unless you either don't have a PC currently or are using one that's so old and decrepit that you can't do anything with it and thinking about trying to do something with it causes it to BSOD now is probably not a good time to build a new PC. If you can afford to wait a couple of years until, one hopes, DDR4 is on the market and, again one hopes, cheaper per GB than DDR3 before building your new PC you'd be doing yourself a big favor. The increased bandwidth DDR4 offers over DDR3 in addition to the increase in RAM density will, at least in theory, allow for faster data loading rates as well as more storage per stick at cheaper prices.

At that point it might be quite plausible to load up 64GB of RAM so that not only will you have enough RAM for any setting for Star Citizen, but you'll also probably be able to load the entire game into a RAM drive as well. If you can do it for the same price as getting 32GB now (doubtful, but who knows) then all the better.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#18Garage_ManPosted 7/21/2014 10:12:14 PM
16gb of ram. Instead of single 780ti go for SLI 780s instead. Much more performance per dollar. They will get you close to maxing out every game.
#19JKatarnPosted 7/21/2014 10:12:36 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k
GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 ti
RAM: 16gb
HDD: 2TB
Monitor: Looking for something for 1080p gameplay, and a good refresh rate, since most of the stuff in Newegg is 60hz, should i settle with that or go higher? i don't mind anything as long as it's 60fps or up.
Mouse: According to what i've read, anything durable with a high dpi will be good
Keyboard: Anything that's useful for gaming, durable and not overpriced. (Maybe Razer stuff will do the trick (?)).
SSD of around 64gb for the OS, system and stuff.
Motherboard: ????
Speakers: High quality ones
Headset: A good high-quality one.

How much would this cost? since the CPU and the GPU alone add up to 1k dollars.

Goal: A machine that runs Star Citizen, The Witcher 3, anything that comes out on the next-gen and most current games at MAX settings with a smooth 60fps+ framerate.

That's pretty optimistic for a single 780ti, especially in the case of Star Citizen. Not that the 780 ti is a pushover or anything, but if you literally want to run anything at 1080p maxed out at 60 FPS you're probably going to need at least dual 780 ti's, maybe more depending on how demanding this coming generation of games are. Now, if you can tolerate the odd frame drop, than a single 780ti should probably be fine (at least at 1080p).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#20JKatarnPosted 7/21/2014 10:14:13 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
Dragnfyr posted...

Idk, Star Citizen Minimum Requirements ask for 8gb.

I think there's a few more games out there asking for that.

Keep in mind that game is also in a very early state, I'm sure that will probably go down with time, that or 16GB will be standard by the time the game is actually officially released.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES