This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Guild Wars?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How is Guild Wars?
2 years ago#1
And is it different from WoW? Looking into getting into a new MMO since I can't play Wildstar.
"You think I'm a hero? I am not a hero. I'm a drifter with nothing to lose."
2 years ago#2
Wait are you running games on a Macbook Pro by chance?
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 | 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1600 | EVGA 770 2GB SC ACX | 1TB WD Blue Caviar | CM HAF 912 |
2 years ago#3
Bad
2 years ago#4
GW1 = Great
GW2 = Garbage
2 years ago#5
Well, considering Guild Wars isn't an MMO, and also isn't WoW, this is a fairly derpy topic.
2 years ago#6
iiFroZenHeAveNz - Nope, not a Macbook Pro. I'm on a late 2012 iMac.

TimePharaoh - GW isn't an MMO? Always thought it was.
"You think I'm a hero? I am not a hero. I'm a drifter with nothing to lose."
2 years ago#7
GW is more like Diablo in it's online design...sorta.... GW2...that game is awful.
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
2 years ago#8
GW2 is pretty good. The combat is fun, there's a good amount of content available, the community is great. Overall well worth looking into imo. If you were talking about GW1, then I have no idea.

Personally I'm at ~960 hours into GW2, for the record.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
2 years ago#9
iversonownsu3 posted...
TimePharaoh - GW isn't an MMO? Always thought it was.

There isn't anything massively multiplayer about it. Even the developers have maintained that it isn't an MMO.
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
2 years ago#10
TheCommunator posted...
GW1 = Great
GW2 = Garbage

Yeah, GW1 was fine and dandy if you wanted to jump into a warzone, not so much for the story and PvE element, GW2 is leaps and bounds better in that regard.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How is Guild Wars?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived