This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good, hassle-free mod(s) for Shadow of Chernobyl?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good, hassle-free mod(s) for Shadow of Chernobyl?
1 year ago#21
Clouddx posted...
BTW having a huge ego isn't a good thing.

It is when the eloquence and erudition matches it. Now have you anything to contribute to the topic, or you just gonna talk about Ningishzida. I don't mind if you wanna talk about me, whether it's negative or positive, vanity is so soothing.
1 year ago#22
Lemur_H posted...
I only know he exists because someone keeps quoting him.

This guy is one of three that continues to advocate the objectively worse-than-ZRP Complete, and just won't stop.

It's pretty damn pathetic you guys keep trying to advise newbs to play an outdated, broken, unaesthetic, clumsily-cobbled-together package for such a great game as STALKER: SHoC. Grow up.
1 year ago#23
Oh ho ho, kid has some issues.

Sorry, I didn't know ZRP even existed.

Continue to get upset over petty internet bulls***.
1 year ago#24
Ningishzida posted...
wentzelot posted...
Ningishzida posted...
You know, throwing in juvenile toilet humor only makes your exaggeration dumber.

Why do you still post here when no one on here takes you seriously? I mean doesn't it feel like you're just talking to a wall? What enjoyment do you get from that at this point?

Nobody knows RPGs like me

Yeah we know you are the rpg guru king with the only opinion that matters. The only good rpgs are from before any of us were born.. anything we play or know of is dumbed down console trash. The only good rpgs consist of 2 dots and imagination. We are not HARDCORE enough. Please form our opinions for us. Please tell us what rpgs we must consider to be good.
1 year ago#25
tc asked for an easy to install mod that fixes bugs , improves visuals, and streamlines gameplay. complete mod does just that. simple reading comprehension .

tc was not looking for what mods are

-the best
-make the game more HARDCORE

also how can a mod be out of date on a game that is older than the mod? that just defies logic.. but no one accused you of having any to begin with.
1 year ago#26
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/ANA_soldier_with_RPG-7_in_2013-cropped.jpg

The only RPG that matters.
1 year ago#27
without the complete mod a ton of people would never have even heard of or experienced stalker. it did a lot not only for stalker but also mods in general and bringing what they're about and capable of to the public eye regardless of if you think other lesser known ones are now better which i actually agree to depending on what you want from the game . but calling it trash is ignorant and a joke unless you're a hipster who doesn't like popular things and only li.... oh wait we're talking about ningishzida nevermind.
1 year ago#28
x_stevey_x posted...
tc asked for an easy to install mod that fixes bugs , improves visuals, and streamlines gameplay. complete mod does just that. simple reading comprehension .

Except that Complete doesn't fix all base-game bugs, introduces bugs of it's own, actively reduces the gritty, post-apocalyptic visuals, and makes the game into a faceroll, even early-on. Incoming damage is nerfed, player weapon accuracy is buffed, enemies visual radius nerfed to 100m, carryweight limit buffed, enemy sound detection radius nerfed etc etc.

ZRP doesn't make changes like that, it ONLY fixes bugs and allows for user-tweaking.

tc was not looking for what mods are

-the best
-make the game more HARDCORE

ZRP is not hardcore, it's a bug-fix. Absolute Structures and Nature maintain the visual authenticity of the original game, unlike Complete.

also how can a mod be out of date on a game that is older than the mod? that just defies logic.. but no one accused you of having any to begin with.

It's outdated because ZRP does an objectively better job, as anyone who has eyes and can see knows full well.
1 year ago#29
weapon accuracy is buffed because the default accuracy is abysmal . it turns it into a playable game for most people who care more about game and less about ultra hyper realism. MOST gamers don't like shooting at something 10 times early on without hitting the enemy once.. they might as well be playing morrowind. (though i know you think your way of playing games and preferences are the only correct ones) same can be said about the visual radius/stealth detection and carry weight. MOST people don't enjoy being spotted from across the map by someone in a building that hasn't even been rendered on your screen yet or being bogged down to a crawl from a couple items. they aren't looking for a simulation.
1 year ago#30
x_stevey_x posted...
without the complete mod a ton of people would never have even heard of or experienced stalker. it did a lot not only for stalker but also mods in general and bringing what they're about and capable of to the public eye regardless of if you think other lesser known ones are now better which i actually agree to depending on what you want from the game . but calling it trash is ignorant and a joke unless you're a hipster who doesn't like popular things and only li.... oh wait we're talking about ningishzida nevermind.

Many mods of different games in the past have been superseded by others, we shouldn't keep recommending them just based on any supposed increased awareness they gave STALKER, they have been superseded, they are outmoded, they are dead. It happens, get over it and come to the present-day where the sun is shining.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good, hassle-free mod(s) for Shadow of Chernobyl?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived