This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good, hassle-free mod(s) for Shadow of Chernobyl?

#31x_stevey_xPosted 7/22/2014 11:49:52 PM(edited)
Ningishzida posted...
x_stevey_x posted...
without the complete mod a ton of people would never have even heard of or experienced stalker. it did a lot not only for stalker but also mods in general and bringing what they're about and capable of to the public eye regardless of if you think other lesser known ones are now better which i actually agree to depending on what you want from the game . but calling it trash is ignorant and a joke unless you're a hipster who doesn't like popular things and only li.... oh wait we're talking about ningishzida nevermind.

Many mods of different games in the past have been superseded by others, we shouldn't keep recommending them just based on any supposed increased awareness they gave STALKER, they have been superseded, they are outmoded, they are dead. It happens, get over it and come to the present-day where the sun is shining.

except complete still does today what it did back then and holds up fine. it hasn't magically gotten worse. the experience it provides is the same.

does the tc want to install one mod that accomplishes all of his goals and start playing? or does he want to install a few mods, and spend hours tweaking the game to his liking. i got the impression of the former from his op
#32NingishzidaPosted 7/22/2014 11:56:49 PM
At least ZRP does allow you to tweak through the Modifier app, if he doesn't like something in Complete he's stuck with it. And don't tell me Modifier is hard to use, it's self-explanatory for the most part. The OGSE modifier is a different story, but I didn't recommend OGSE to him, I didn't mention it until he did, and then I dissuaded more than anything.

But I'm done with this lame debate, if you wanna keep recommending Complete, just don't expect others not to criticize it's numerous shortcomings.
#33phy2jshPosted 7/23/2014 12:42:16 AM
Ningishzida posted...
I have the erudition, the eloquence, and the ego .

I wondered who stole the 'E' section of my dictionary.
#34TimePharaohPosted 7/23/2014 1:24:19 AM
x_stevey_x posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
x_stevey_x posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Anyone who says Complete simply hasn't used any of the others and it's the first one they heard of. There's no redeeming factors to it.

tc is looking for a hassle free mod that fixes the bugs, clean up the gameplay a bit, and make the game look better. complete is exactly that whether you are too elite to admit it or not. either that or you didn't bother to read tc's post.

Dumbing down the gameplay isn't "cleaning it up". If that's the case, might as well go play Fallout 3 instead.

yeah we know you are HARDCORE you only play HARDCORE REALISTIC mods where you die in 1 hit and need to eat 3 times a day and wipe your ass lest you die from poo infections. any other mods are useless and for NOOBS.

Except I wasn't even talking about making it more difficult, but nice straw man derpcake.

Complete dumbs down the base game.
#35ApolladanPosted 7/23/2014 2:41:47 AM
complete 2009 (2012) + realistic weapon mod + master difficulty

don't listen to anyone else, enjoy

for call of pripyat, don't get the complete mod, it's really buggy

instead, go absolute structures + absolute nature 3.01 + atmosfear 3 + ironsight alignment 1.1
#36NingishzidaPosted 7/23/2014 4:04:33 AM
^ Don't listen to that guy about Complete for SHoC, he obviously hasn't played ZRP + Absolute Nature and Structures.

For CoP you'll probably want fovfixer and Absolute Scopes, in addition to Absolute Structures/Nature and AtmosFear.
#37Chaos_MissilePosted 7/23/2014 5:13:18 AM
*enters topic*

Is Oblivion Lost no longer liked amongst these boards?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#38x_stevey_xPosted 7/23/2014 7:32:48 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
x_stevey_x posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
x_stevey_x posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Anyone who says Complete simply hasn't used any of the others and it's the first one they heard of. There's no redeeming factors to it.

tc is looking for a hassle free mod that fixes the bugs, clean up the gameplay a bit, and make the game look better. complete is exactly that whether you are too elite to admit it or not. either that or you didn't bother to read tc's post.

Dumbing down the gameplay isn't "cleaning it up". If that's the case, might as well go play Fallout 3 instead.

yeah we know you are HARDCORE you only play HARDCORE REALISTIC mods where you die in 1 hit and need to eat 3 times a day and wipe your ass lest you die from poo infections. any other mods are useless and for NOOBS.

Except I wasn't even talking about making it more difficult, but nice straw man derpcake.

Complete dumbs down the base game.

by dumb down you mean streamline horrible mechanics that aim to make the game realistic and difficult but in reality just make it frustrating and tedious. the base game has a great vision but is highly flawed. complete makes the game playable for most people without ruining their vision. other mods further elaborate on the simulation/realism aspects better than complete.. but that is not complete's goal nor what most people want from a game.
#39dementedlullabyPosted 7/23/2014 7:41:32 PM
Ningishzida posted...
wentzelot posted...
Ningishzida posted...
You know, throwing in juvenile toilet humor only makes your exaggeration dumber.

Why do you still post here when no one on here takes you seriously? I mean doesn't it feel like you're just talking to a wall? What enjoyment do you get from that at this point?

Funny you say that, my posts are not only the best in this topic, they're some of the best on PCH.

I laughed out loud. That was great man. Keep it up.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#40mycousinvinniePosted 7/23/2014 7:44:09 PM
x_stevey_x posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
x_stevey_x posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

zone reclamation project does the same thing without making the game easier