This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do most AAA games work on steam os?

#1njkking01Posted 7/22/2014 8:52:39 AM
Ive been thinking of building my own steam box using steam os my question is do alot of games run on it? like Battlefield , Call of duty world at war, Assassins creed and will the crew work on it?
#2Digital StormPosted 7/22/2014 8:55:06 AM
No.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#3ClashtonnPosted 7/22/2014 8:57:13 AM
No.

If you build a steam box, use Windows instead.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#4njkking01(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 8:59:07 AM
Yeah I know windows is better but I want to make feel like a console more then a pc. I dont know what it is but pc gaming just like pushes me away. Even if I got it hooked up through a hdmi to a tv and using a controller . I want to make feel more console I guess I just use steam big picture.
#5ClashtonnPosted 7/22/2014 9:01:41 AM
njkking01 posted...
Yeah I know windows is better but I want to make feel like a console more then a pc. I dont know what it is but pc gaming just like pushes me away. Even if I got it hooked up through a hdmi to a tv and using a controller . I want to make feel more console I guess I just use steam big picture.

There's really no difference. Just install windows with nothing extra and have steam boot up to big picture mode. The only real difference will be the windows machine plays everything/
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#6Digital StormPosted 7/22/2014 9:03:56 AM
Then you'll have to wait for more developers to port their games to Linux for them to be available on SteamOS. If that ever happens to begin with. I doubt many of them have much of a focus on Linux as a platform, not for the foreseeable future anyways.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#7ClouddxPosted 7/22/2014 9:07:47 AM
njkking01 posted...

So, just boot into Big Picture mode right after windows starts. Console UI with all the games.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#8SinisterSlayPosted 7/22/2014 9:11:17 AM
Clouddx posted...
njkking01 posted...

So, just boot into Big Picture mode right after windows starts. Console UI with all the games.

It's even an option to boot straight to big picture mode when Windows starts.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9njkking01(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 9:20:11 AM
Cool thanks guys!