This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trails in the Sky (Coming Soon to Steam)

#31NeninaPosted 7/22/2014 1:13:54 PM
It sounded like it had something to do with the conspiracy theory of the government poisoning citizens with chemical trails from aircraft. Instead it's some anime rpg.
#32dragon504Posted 7/22/2014 1:17:15 PM
Added to my wishlist.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/dragon_50469/myguns2-1.jpg
#33GwendalPosted 7/22/2014 1:27:34 PM
The gameplay is pretty bland and it's slowly paced, but other than that it's a solid if unexceptional game. Hopefully the Steam version supports resolutions higher than 1024x768, unlike the original PC version.

This probably isn't the best place to post about it, though, since I don't think JRPGs are too popular on this board.
---
Currently playing:
Trails in the Sky FC (PC)
#34SnadadosPosted 7/22/2014 1:28:40 PM
Teh_Dr_Phil posted...
Added to my wishlist to track it.

---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#35DiviDudePosted 7/22/2014 1:34:11 PM
I'm a JRPG nut but I couldn't finish the game. Ever since FFIX or so, too many JRPGs are filled with so much schlock and sap; this game is overflowing with it. I don't want my JRPGs to be about the power of friendship, I want my JRPGs to be some insane incomprehensible coked-up mess about killing God or something.

But I'm still glad it's being ported; the more, the merrier.
#36TowerBooks3192Posted 7/22/2014 1:36:01 PM
Really interested in getting it as I have never found an RPG I genuinely love as much as suikoden 2. Was going to get it but some of them said that there are sequels or something that were not brought in to the west for the PSP version and that was what stopped me from getting the game.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#37DiviDudePosted 7/22/2014 1:37:37 PM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Really interested in getting it as I have never found an RPG I genuinely love as much as suikoden 2.

Tails isn't even in the same area code as Suikoden 2. Although not much is.
#38DegetsuPosted 7/22/2014 1:39:10 PM
I've played FC on the PSP and became a rank 1 bracer, time to relive all that on the PC again.
I'll wait on playing TC as well if there's hopefully a English translation.

At the moment I'm playing through Zero and then going on to Ao, boy do I love this series.
#39GwendalPosted 7/22/2014 1:46:20 PM
DiviDude posted...
I'm a JRPG nut but I couldn't finish the game. Ever since FFIX or so, too many JRPGs are filled with so much schlock and sap; this game is overflowing with it. I don't want my JRPGs to be about the power of friendship, I want my JRPGs to be some insane incomprehensible coked-up mess about killing God or something.

Maybe it still boils down to the power of friendship in the end, but at least the writing isn't quite as saccharine in this game.
---
Currently playing:
Trails in the Sky FC (PC)
#40DiviDudePosted 7/22/2014 1:57:29 PM
Gwendal posted...
DiviDude posted...

Maybe it still boils down to the power of friendship in the end, but at least the writing isn't quite as saccharine in this game.

I thought it was close. And there's a lot more "banter" that I suppose is supposed to add personality and depth to the characters and everything, but I found it all so two-dimensional and hamfisted and aggressive as to be pretty annoying. It's like they took a cartoon aimed for ten year olds and turned it into a JRPG. I much prefer the pompous teen angst of older JRPGs.

But whatever, to each their own.