This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has a game company ever broke your heart?

#11Pyro_YuyPosted 7/22/2014 10:54:40 AM
NeilJWD posted...
Half Life 2: Episode 3.

Bastards.

They're going to reboot it.
---
Lieb ohne Seele...
http://wp.me/1EBnQ
#12Hanlo_is_backPosted 7/22/2014 10:58:03 AM
Puckswack12 posted...
Rareware

It's not really their fault though

---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
#13Edavy89Posted 7/22/2014 11:10:33 AM
SOE when that ass-face John Smedley ran galaxies in to the ground with the NGE. I quite sincerely hope he gets his genitals caught in a blender.
#14Haley Joel OsmentPosted 7/22/2014 11:23:06 AM
Sega. Over and over again since 2001.

---
I see dead people.
#15ThisGuy101Posted 7/22/2014 11:24:10 AM
Remedy.

They're my favorite game developer, and they're not releasing Quantum Break on PS4, Xbox 360, or PC. I own all three of those completely different gaming consoles, and they're releasing exclusively on Xbox One.

And I'm not buying an Xbox One to play one game, even if Max Payne is my favorite video game series and Alan Wake is in my top 3 favorite video games.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#16ghstbstrPosted 7/22/2014 11:27:15 AM
Yep, Gearbox with Aliens: Colonial Marines.
---
Xbox360/One + PS3/4 + Wii U + PC = Awesomeness!!!
#17FusionC(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 11:30:46 AM
I'm still sitting here just...crushed. I loved this company and maybe it's partly my fault for putting them on such a high pedestal. They were a small company who I wanted to believe in, but now. I don't know.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#18Z_hunter91Posted 7/22/2014 11:38:02 AM(edited)
Capcom for ruining one of my all-time favorite series.
Why couldn't they just make RE5/6 spin-off games instead?

They used to make such great games.
---
Pokemon Y: 1418-7097-6280 (Simon).
Flying: Spearow | Swanna | Rufflet
#19SpazH3dPosted 7/22/2014 11:38:06 AM
ghstbstr posted...
Yep, Gearbox with Aliens: Colonial Marines.

This, and Duke Nukem Forever. I will never love again because of them! (kidding)
---
- My vision is augmented
#20jake-sfPosted 7/22/2014 11:52:29 AM(edited)
I trusted Magicka's developers, and then they pulled worthless DLCs out of their ass.

I liked Blizzard, and then they did a terrible StarCraft sequel, a terrible Diablo sequel, and destroyed WoW (Blizzard is in my mind, absolute crap at game making now, despite the adoration around them).

I also had a lot of appreciations for Bioware, I was rather active back in the pre-ME days and when ME was in development, and I was active with some nice developers.

And then those idiots thought being with EA was good, and so they too broke my heart (and proved time and time again how wrong they were). Bioware were never perfect, and they had a lot of flaws in X and Y games, but they always had souls, which I feel they lost overtime, and they had to lose it before they sold out to EA, because the mere desire to be with them means they had long lost their minds.

Valve has also consistently broke my heart with how patheticly inexcusable their lack of communication with their fanbase is, and how much they moved to Steam-social-steambox-bullcrap that's irrelevant to the true gaming I thought they were part of.

Epic games turned to complete and total garbage with Gears of War and UT3.

I'm sure I could go on... Everyone, everywhere, just sold out.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/