This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has a game company ever broke your heart?

#131capgamerPosted 7/22/2014 9:50:27 PM
Most recent one in memory was Mega Man Legends 3 getting cancelled out of the blue... and to rub salt in the wound Capcom's official statement was something to the effect of telling its fans it was because they didn't put enough effort in to see the game to its conclusion.

It makes me angry even thinking about that. You basically make your biggest fans your scapegoat just because you're trying to punish some guy who left your company, probably because you were treating him like s*** (Inafune).
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#132hitokiri13Posted 7/22/2014 9:57:01 PM
JKatarn posted...
torriisbest posted...
JKatarn posted...
To be blunt, if you feel "heartbroken" over the release of a game you might want to re-evaluate your priorities. These are ultimately just games, I can understand having some degree of passion but let's not blow things out of proportion.

Heartbroken in a more figurative sense.
Here it means more of a huge disappointment of some sort.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/heartbroken?s=t

"
heartbroken
Use Heartbroken in a sentence
heart·bro·ken
[hahrt-broh-kuhn] Show IPA
adjective
crushed with sorrow or grief.
Origin:
1580–90; heart + broken "

Only one definition and it seems pretty concise.

Isn't that been that way long time. Which is called sports. ESPN says things like that game ended with a heartbreaking loss. You thinks those fans cry and quit there job over one game.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#133ForeverZero2Posted 7/22/2014 10:00:12 PM
ign0to posted...
Capcom with the MegaMan Legends 3 cancellation.

because the other 2 legends games were SOOOOOO good right?
i didn't play the misadventures of tron bonne so maybe im missing something
---
The topic you selected is no longer available for viewing.
#134GooberSDPosted 7/22/2014 10:01:25 PM
Squaresoft when they sold their souls to Enix and made Square-Enix.

Also, when Sakaguchi left, everything fell apart and the company has limped on ever since.

Why Square?

Why?

I loved you so much. I bought all of your damn games.

And this is how you do me?

WITH X-2?! AND THE OTHER MONSTROSITIES?! *cough*fabulanoviscrystalis*cough*
#135DeunorosPosted 7/22/2014 10:03:23 PM
Goddamn Sega. It's unforgivable that they're shafting North American players by withholding Phantasy Star Online 2.
#136yamato6945Posted 7/22/2014 10:05:03 PM
revolver posted...
Haley Joel Osment posted...
Sega. Over and over again since 2001.

Definitely this. When they cancelled the Dreamcast and then didn't release Shenmue 2 in NA I was heartbroken.

Shenmue 2 is on the original Xbox I'm staring at my copy right now
---
Fanboy's are the death of gaming
#137Scared_to_DeathPosted 7/22/2014 10:15:32 PM
What Capcom did to Resident Evil....my blissful memories are all that remain of the legendary series turned into a burning mess of filth.

My hatred yearns for Capcoms destruction

*moment of silence for RE's 0-3, CV, outbreak series, and remake*
---
Impatiently waiting for The Evil Within......
#138arleasPosted 7/22/2014 10:17:16 PM
yamato6945 posted...
revolver posted...
Haley Joel Osment posted...
Sega. Over and over again since 2001.

Definitely this. When they cancelled the Dreamcast and then didn't release Shenmue 2 in NA I was heartbroken.

Shenmue 2 is on the original Xbox I'm staring at my copy right now

That's not much comfort to the people who wanted the dreamcast version because you were promised that your character's stats and moves and everything would carry over to the new game.

All they needed to do was localize the Dreamcast Shenmue 2 and release it, but they decided to abandon the console instead.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#139MallyPureSmoothPosted 7/22/2014 10:20:17 PM
Nope, never. They have disappointed me before, but never rendered me heartbroken. Nothing in the context of the gaming industry could ever come close to giving me something as painful as a heartbreak.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#140bigbadharryPosted 7/22/2014 10:21:22 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
bigbadharry posted...
Most definitely Valve, bunch of traitors. that's why I always buy from gog or anyone else even if it costs a little more.

They are drowning in money and they can't even make one game a year? The ****!?

they make tons of updates to the games they've already made, some are pretty huge.

Oh yeah hats and card my favorite whoopee >_>. I don't even like Team Fortress 2 and Left for Dead anymore. Gaben is probably using 100 Dollar bills to wipe his ass. ******** ****

Seriously they have like a billion Dollars and they can't even make one stinking game.