This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has a game company ever broke your heart?

#151arleasPosted 7/22/2014 11:51:38 PM
Garquill posted...
bigbadharry posted...
Valve

they can't even make one game a year? The ****!?

2008 Left 4 Dead
2009 Left 4 Dead 2
2010 Alien Swarm
2011 Portal 2
2012 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
2013 Dota 2

I think I'd only give them credit for L4D2, Alien Swarm, Portal 2, and Dota 2... L4D was announced by Turtle Rock and then later bought up by Valve so that's like buying a game that's mostly complete and then taking credit for it. CS:GO was by Hidden Path (Same people who did Defense Grid)
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#152happyscrub1Posted 7/23/2014 12:00:14 AM
When square said the were done making games on Nintendo :(
---
Sorry if I don't reply. It's probably because:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/sigquote.php?user=2547218
#153NateRose89Posted 7/23/2014 12:00:42 AM
Izicial posted...
Well Squaresoft dropped the ball on FF 9.

Yeah, that never happened.
---
PSN ID: rockstock89
#154bigbadharryPosted 7/23/2014 12:08:36 AM
They made HL2 to lure us into their distribution service and once they had the market they stopped making games. Now all they give is **** ware.
#155x_stevey_xPosted 7/23/2014 12:10:38 AM
final fantasy x-2 :(

but then 12 came out and they redeemed themselves

but then 13 came out :(
#156Fazeo13Posted 7/23/2014 12:12:03 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
KevO44 posted...
-Ubisoft
Someone said at a board meeting: Assassins Creed and thats it. Don't bother making any other games.

You should generally do a bit of research before posting drivel on the internet.

Yeah they totally made that Far Assassin Cry 3 and Watch Assassin Dogs, I don't see much difference between them really. Maybe guns, never going to buy a poopy soft game again.
---
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P
#157KillerKidnerPosted 7/23/2014 12:17:32 AM
Puckswack12 posted...
Rareware

It's not really their fault though

---
Currently Playing: - TMHT IV: Turtles in Time - SNES, GTA: Vice City Stories - PSP, Pokemon: Leaf Green - GBA and Assassins Creed III - Wii U
#158Bearacudda98Posted 7/23/2014 12:30:27 AM
Like others have said bioware sold their souls to the devil known as EA.
Valve may obsess over steam lately but when they do release a game they are amazing when compared to to other companies (I would rather replay HL2 300 times then try to play through Halo 4)
Which brings me to another point: Halo 4's story sucked and the multiplayer wasn't halo and too much like CoD
CoD hasn't changed really in all of their games
Pokemon X and Y were pretty bad story-wise but great otherwise so I still have faith in Gamefreak
Bethesda ruined the elder scrolls magic (literally magic, like destruction, alteration....) in skyrim, If I wasnt to play a mage I have to play Morrowind/Oblivion
Can't recall the name of the company, but there hasn't been a new DAH! game in a while.....
And that's my rant, enjoy
---
Official Canadian Of GameFAQs's............................EH!
#159BaconPancakesPosted 7/23/2014 12:33:11 AM
Arn544 posted...
SonyHoundDawg posted...
None. I don't get that emotionally attached to a game or game company.

Also Square sucked ever since the SNES era FF stopped. FF7 and beyond get undeserved credit because they were many babys first RPG's.

All though compared to some recent crap like FF13, 7 is probably a master piece compared.

Lol, FF7 was harder than FF6 in difficulty.

Final Fantasy VI was more difficult. It didn't hold your hand.
---
P.S.N. - Matface.
Go forth; touch the Demon inside of me.
#160MallyPureSmoothPosted 7/23/2014 1:04:49 AM
BaconPancakes posted...
Arn544 posted...
SonyHoundDawg posted...
None. I don't get that emotionally attached to a game or game company.

Also Square sucked ever since the SNES era FF stopped. FF7 and beyond get undeserved credit because they were many babys first RPG's.

All though compared to some recent crap like FF13, 7 is probably a master piece compared.

Lol, FF7 was harder than FF6 in difficulty.

Final Fantasy VI was more difficult. It didn't hold your hand.

Yeah, VI is a bit more challenging. Although, that really isn't saying much, because VI is still one of the easier games in the series.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm