This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has a game company ever broke your heart?

#31JackNiefPosted 7/22/2014 12:29:34 PM
Capcom, with how they've treated their biggest Mascot for the longest time. Yeah, SSMWiiU kind of fixed that.. kind of. Still leaves the other console users kind of in the dust though.
---
Proud Owner of: Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Gaming PC, PSP, DS, Vita
<CHANGE> all the <THINGS!>
#32torriisbestPosted 7/22/2014 12:30:07 PM
JKatarn posted...
To be blunt, if you feel "heartbroken" over the release of a game you might want to re-evaluate your priorities. These are ultimately just games, I can understand having some degree of passion but let's not blow things out of proportion.

Heartbroken in a more figurative sense.
Here it means more of a huge disappointment of some sort.
#33Master_BassPosted 7/22/2014 12:36:39 PM
Yes, Lucasarts since they cancelled KotOR 3. Also, Capcom disappoints me too since they refuse to make new Mega Man games.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#34SlashTheKnightPosted 7/22/2014 12:46:29 PM
Puckswack12 posted...
Rareware

It's not really their fault though

---
"Ow! Stop it! Despite my name, I AM NOT A TORCH!"
-Masontorch, Ys I & II Chronicles
#35Nmilek1Posted 7/22/2014 12:47:53 PM
Capcom, so many great IPs under or not at all utilized for years now, Breath of Fire, Onimusha, MegaMan, Devil May Cry but we can have 40 versions of ****ing streetfighter.
#36pronouncemynamePosted 7/22/2014 12:57:54 PM
ghstbstr posted...
pronouncemyname posted...
Infinity Ward.
I will never forgive them for ruining COD with COD4.

Wat! Are you serious?
CoD4 was and still is the best CoD game by far, but what do I know I am a Battlefield player.
---

I loved the first two CODs. COD2 is still my favorite game.

Adding stupid killstreaks and a XP system to unlock stuff killed the franchise for me. Unfortunately, it also ruined the rest of the genre too, with all the COD clones now.
#37ChromaticAngelPosted 7/22/2014 1:02:15 PM
FusionC posted...
I know that there are a ton of people who have been disappointed by a game's release or a design decision that ruined games we loved. But have you ever felt heartbroken by a game company?

I ask because I'm feeling that right now with Trendy. I've bought Dungeon Defenders 3 times (Android when it was called first wave) 360 and PC. Today they released a new version and I was all on board to buy it. But then I found out there is no offline play. No local co-op. And no playing with just your friends or solo (say you have 2 friends the 4th slot will be filled with a random). I've spent thousands of hours on that game between the three platforms and I just feel crushed.

Ultima 9 is the big one for me. F*** EA.
---
RPG Spotlight: Geneforge http://www.gog.com/game/geneforge_15
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/E4wpGw9G
#38Djturk2542Posted 7/22/2014 1:06:59 PM
Haley Joel Osment posted...
Sega. Over and over again since 2001.
#39BadDecisionsPosted 7/22/2014 1:08:29 PM
I loved Blizzard, so my heart breaks a little more every day.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfHZxlQk1Us
I am so YouTube famous.
#40RadarPosted 7/22/2014 1:08:49 PM
Sega.
"Instead of trying to publish a game that will bring us back to noteworthy, we're going to make you release a pre-beta Alpha Protocol as the full game, just to grab some cash out the door".

Bethesda:
"Oh, you liked Oblivion? And how you could play anyway you want and beat it? And that mods allowed to put your own polish on it? Well, sorry. We made the UI for a controller. The combat needs you to play as heavy armor sword swinger. And you'll have to wait a couple of months for us to be bothered with releasing modding tools. You know, the ones that the community will use to make the game actually playable. But look at that snow".

Bioware:
"We will give you a great, genre defining game with an incredible world that people will be talking about for decades. Followed by sequels we squeezed out in the bathroom".
---
{missing_var_sig}