This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has a game company ever broke your heart?

#41FlakconPosted 7/22/2014 2:10:50 PM
Netherrealms. I gave them a chance with Injustice. Game was great but the game data for the Asian region was just a 3 slap on top of NA game data. The game was region locked meaning you can only connect to people of same region. This puts us playing with NA people only. I could only connect 1/10 of the time. Game usually dc on character select. Sucks being someone from SEA

Capcom. Wtf did they do to 6? I loved RE since 2. 5 was something different but awesome. 6 was some disjointed action flick.

EA broke the camels back with Dungeon Keeper mobile.

Square soft. FFXI onwards became really crappy.. Might be I grew up though and prefer easy to get into games.
---
PSN: theSkarekro [Hailing from Singapore!]
AE2012: Adon Sagat Yang | Tekken: Kazuya Law Jin
#42Fort_WaynePosted 7/22/2014 2:11:59 PM
Puckswack12 posted...
Rareware

It's not really their fault though

;_; Yeah...
---
The GO-GOGGLES make it possible to get through sandstorms. That makes me happy!
#43iemerg_Posted 7/22/2014 2:15:48 PM
jake-sf posted...
I trusted Magicka's developers, and then they pulled worthless DLCs out of their ass.

I liked Blizzard, and then they did a terrible StarCraft sequel, a terrible Diablo sequel, and destroyed WoW (Blizzard is in my mind, absolute crap at game making now, despite the adoration around them).

I also had a lot of appreciations for Bioware, I was rather active back in the pre-ME days and when ME was in development, and I was active with some nice developers.

And then those idiots thought being with EA was good, and so they too broke my heart (and proved time and time again how wrong they were). Bioware were never perfect, and they had a lot of flaws in X and Y games, but they always had souls, which I feel they lost overtime, and they had to lose it before they sold out to EA, because the mere desire to be with them means they had long lost their minds.

Valve has also consistently broke my heart with how patheticly inexcusable their lack of communication with their fanbase is, and how much they moved to Steam-social-steambox-bullcrap that's irrelevant to the true gaming I thought they were part of.

Epic games turned to complete and total garbage with Gears of War and UT3.

I'm sure I could go on... Everyone, everywhere, just sold out.

Starcraft 2 is AWESOME Diablo 3 is epic fail tho.
---
"Only real men can cook bacon shirtless" me
#44Sir_Burpalot21Posted 7/22/2014 2:24:08 PM
Bioware
They make the same **** all the time and tout their epic decision based storytelling when at the end of the day nothing matters. That was fine for their first few games like KotOR, but ME3 will forever be an example of their broken promises. And don't use EA as a scapegoat for them. It was all on the developers and whoever wrote that **** story for not innovating.
lol ****ing vent boy. Boo hoo, Shepard is sad and has scary dreams about it.

PGI
Take the beloved franchise of Mechwarrior to make MWO and milk the fans for all it's worth. Continuously promise features that have yet to ever make it past the conceptual stages after years of "delays". They instead increased the in-game grind to buy mechs then released more and more mechs before actual features. Absolutely fails at balancing the game.
Meanwhile the playerbase shrinks as the game faces a slow death.
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#45dormcastePosted 7/22/2014 2:25:24 PM
Not broke my heart, but I am sad to see the next Metal Gear title feature a different voice actor for Snake. I will miss David Hayter. Kiefer Sutherland is good though. I believe his voice conveys the pain Big Boss has gone through better than Hayter could. Still, I will miss his voice. It's synonymous with Snake.
#46FaycelessPosted 7/22/2014 2:27:32 PM
EA. Every time they release a game with the Maxis logo slapped on the box.
#47GwendalPosted 7/22/2014 2:29:06 PM
"Heartbroken" might be a bit too strong a word, but I was hugely disappointed with Diablo 3, and it made me lose my until-then complete faith in Blizzard.
---
Currently playing:
Trails in the Sky FC (PC)
#48xXDeadWulfXxPosted 7/22/2014 2:29:30 PM
Naughty Dog with the Crash Bandicoot series. ;___;
---
3DS FC: 3668-7261-4909
#49darkdragon_9600Posted 7/22/2014 2:32:54 PM
Infinity Ward broke my heart with MW3 and Ghosts.
Respawn with Titanfall.
Ninja Theory made me ashamed of defending them when DmC was revealed.

If I were to list all of them I would end up wasting too much time.
---
Only by cooking with tin foil can one get something so half-baked.
3DS FC: 0576 4794 4713
#50Holoogamooga_Posted 7/22/2014 2:42:20 PM
Capcom, for Mega Man. I don't even like the first two Legends games, but 3's cancellation hit pretty hard.