This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enable multi thread?

#11ClouddxPosted 7/22/2014 4:00:35 PM
What games are you playing and what performance are you experiencing?

You're not going to be maxing every game out there with that CPU/GPU.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#12Mrtyu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 4:07:07 PM
Killing Floor, Battlefield 3, Chivalry Medieval Warfare, Skyrim (Mods, tex pack) and it was a while ago so I can't really remember but Sniper Elite v2.

I have a feeling that I let myself get mislead by numerous people going on about this card and that card maxing games easily.
#13ClouddxPosted 7/22/2014 4:10:59 PM
Mrtyu posted...
Killing Floor, Battlefield 3, Chivalry Medieval Warfare, Skyrim (Mods, tex pack) and it was a while ago so I can't really remember but Sniper Elite v2.

I have a feeling that I let myself get mislead by numerous people going on about this card and that card maxing games easily.

Killing Floor should easily be maxed out and run at 60+FPS. The other games will most likely not run at max settings with 60+FPS.

BF3 should run at close to 60FPS maxed out, but may dip into the 40s. You should pretty much be able to max out w/e games you want, but don't expect them to run at a steady 60FPS.
---
#14Mrtyu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 4:15:53 PM
Killing floor is 120-200 fps offline but the problem is with fire in the game, whenever someone uses a flamethrower my fps drops instantly. Even if its not 60 fps as I had previously imagined as long as my hardware is working normally I am happy, thanks for the advice.
#15ClouddxPosted 7/22/2014 4:17:03 PM
Mrtyu posted...
Killing floor is 120-200 fps offline but the problem is with fire in the game, whenever someone uses a flamethrower my fps drops instantly. Even if its not 60 fps as I had previously imagined as long as my hardware is working normally I am happy, thanks for the advice.

Well, that sounds like a problem to me. Killing Floor should run perfectly on that system. How low is your FPS dropping exactly?
---
#16Mrtyu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 4:20:46 PM
Regardless of settings or resolution between 720-1080 when the fire starts going it will drop from wherever it is to around 30fps.

I've reinstalled drivers, verified the game, reinstalled the game, malware scanned my system, cleaned up my system, tried editing the .ini but nothing works so at this stage I can't see much I can do with it apparently the fire is a common issue with the game.
#17PhilOnDezPosted 7/22/2014 4:24:09 PM
Are you hosting Killing Floor? If so, it might be a CPU issue. If not probably a GPU issue. Does the flamethrower present the same problems in single player since you said your FPS was fine there? I haven't played it enough to be familiar with every quirk the game has though.

Set Skyrim to use more threads, it should help you out, especially if you're trying to max shadows on your CPU. I don't know how heavily you have it modded so I'm not sure how hard it's hitting your GPU.

BF3 is both extremely CPU and GPU intensive, you'll undoubtedly be getting drops in MP with those parts, especially if you're trying to max it.

The rest I haven't played and don't know much about so I can't offer much insight.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#18ClouddxPosted 7/22/2014 4:25:33 PM
Mrtyu posted...
Regardless of settings or resolution between 720-1080 when the fire starts going it will drop from wherever it is to around 30fps.

I've reinstalled drivers, verified the game, reinstalled the game, malware scanned my system, cleaned up my system, tried editing the .ini but nothing works so at this stage I can't see much I can do with it apparently the fire is a common issue with the game.

If it's just an issue with the game there's not much you can do. I don't remember the game running particularity poor tho, even with a lot of ppl in the server and them using flamethrowers.

Try some other games like BF3, monitor your performance and let me know. Max settings w/ 4xAA you should be getting 40-60fps.
---
#19godplaysSNESPosted 7/22/2014 4:44:35 PM
If it's a new build, make sure your BIOS is updated. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS, there's a risk it isn't recognizing the CPU properly, and hampering the performance

You can also check the energy settings, make sure the CPU is allowed to go for 100%
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#20Mrtyu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 5:03:13 PM(edited)
I'm not hosting on Killing Floor and even on single player the game drops with flames, how do I enable more threads for skyrim?