This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enable multi thread?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Enable multi thread?
1 year ago#21
skyrim is lightly modded with workshop items and has 2k tex packs. The system is about half a year old and I haven't updated the BIOs but I've heard that you should only update the bios if you really have to.
1 year ago#22
Mrtyu posted...
skyrim is lightly modded with workshop items and has 2k tex packs. The system is about half a year old and I haven't updated the BIOs but I've heard that you should only update the bios if you really have to.

It sounds like something is wrong, but you'd have to run some diagnostics to figure out what.

CPU: Intel Burn Test
GPU: MSI Kombustor
RAM: MemTest86

Run IBT on the highest settings for at least 10 runs.
Let MSI Kombustor run for a while, and look for artifacts
Run MemTest86 and let it look for any errors in the ram.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
1 year ago#23
Clouddx posted...
Mrtyu posted...

It sounds like something is wrong, but you'd have to run some diagnostics to figure out what.

I've ran memtest, i'll run kombustor but would I use intel burn test on an amd *cpu?
1 year ago#24
Mrtyu posted...
Clouddx posted...
Mrtyu posted...

I've ran memtest, i'll run kombustor but would I use intel burn test on an amd card?

No, IBT is for the CPU... doesn't matter what kind.
---
1 year ago#25
I'm onto the 5th test for IBT and so far the timers are getting shorter and the speed is increasing but the results are all the same, my heat doesn't go above 48.3 degrees. The cpu is retailed as 3.5ghz - 4.5ghz but I believe 4.5 is over clocking but this program seems to be getting up 4.5ghz without overclocking.
1 year ago#26
Mrtyu posted...
I'm onto the 5th test for IBT and so far the timers are getting shorter and the speed is increasing but the results are all the same, my heat doesn't go above 48.3 degrees. The cpu is retailed as 3.5ghz - 4.5ghz but I believe 4.5 is over clocking but this program seems to be getting up 4.5ghz without overclocking.

That seems fine as far as CPU temps are concerned. I think it's time to check out the GPU and see what's going on there.

If none of the benchmarks show any errors then that might just be the performance in game. Remember most benchmarks use extremely strong CPUs so the game isn't bound by the CPU when testing their graphics cards.

While your CPU is by no means weak, it isn't as strong as Intel CPUs especially in games that aren't built to handle multiple threads well.
---
1 year ago#27
Okay finished the stress test at maximum for 10 runs, it says my system is stable. I'm going to use kombustor now, I've used furmark in the past so I don't know if they're similar.
1 year ago#28
Mrtyu posted...
Okay finished the stress test at maximum for 10 runs, it says my system is stable. I'm going to use kombustor now, I've used furmark in the past so I don't know if they're similar.

They are very similar.
---
1 year ago#29
Clouddx posted...
Mrtyu posted...

They are very similar.

Does this have a finish up or am I meant to just stop it myself, I've started a stress test with 1920x1080 and no AA, There seems to be a weird sound coming from my computer, it stops and then starts again, kinda like a light buzzing sound. I'm getting 255+ frames per second at the moment.
1 year ago#30
Mrtyu posted...
Clouddx posted...
Mrtyu posted...

They are very similar.

Does this have a finish up or am I meant to just stop it myself, I've started a stress test with 1920x1080 and no AA, There seems to be a weird sound coming from my computer, it stops and then starts again, kinda like a light buzzing sound. I'm getting 255+ frames per second at the moment.

You have to stop it yourself.

What are your GPU temps? Is the GPU @ 100% load? any other information that you can think of would be great to know.
---
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Enable multi thread?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived