This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enable multi thread?

#31Mrtyu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 7:23:42 PM
Clouddx posted...
Mrtyu posted...
Clouddx posted...
Mrtyu posted...
Okay finished the stress test at maximum for 10 runs, it says my system is stable. I'm going to use kombustor now, I've used furmark in the past so I don't know if they're similar.

They are very similar.

Does this have a finish up or am I meant to just stop it myself, I've started a stress test with 1920x1080 and no AA, There seems to be a weird sound coming from my computer, it stops and then starts again, kinda like a light buzzing sound. I'm getting 255+ frames per second at the moment.

You have to stop it yourself.

What are your GPU temps? Is the GPU @ 100% load? any other information that you can think of would be great to know.

Well I've done a standard stress test not a burn in test, the gpu load is averaging at 93% and only going as high as 95%. The temperature is sitting comfortably at 64c, should the gpu load be staying at a constant high because occasionally it will drop down to 80% usage which cuases a bit of stutter on the ball and fps. My card isn't overclocked either its 955mhz out of 1050mhz so maybe that could be the additional 5% its not using?
#32ClouddxPosted 7/22/2014 7:28:58 PM(edited)
Mrtyu posted...
Well I've done a standard stress test not a burn in test, the gpu load is averaging at 93% and only going as high as 95%. The temperature is sitting comfortably at 64c, should the gpu load be staying at a constant high because occasionally it will drop down to 80% usage which cuases a bit of stutter on the ball and fps. My card isn't overclocked either its 955mhz out of 1050mhz so maybe that could be the additional 5% its not using?

Yeh the GPU should stay at a constant 99%-100% while running this test if it's not something is wrong. Can you check if the GPU is using 95+% power?
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#33Mrtyu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 7:32:34 PM(edited)
Yeah I just increased my core mhz to max and it hasn't done anything, still stuck at 95 load and it keeps making a weird sound. So the issue is with my card then? It seems a bit difficult to believe that its broken over 5%, I just recently RMA the card and they just resent me my repaired one back maybe this time I need to get a brand new replacement.

*On kombustors main menu it lists power as N/A, do I need to change some settings.
#34Mrtyu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 7:41:10 PM(edited)
I tried the test again but with AA all the way up at 1920x1080 and the gpu load now goes up to 98%, this might sound ridiculous but I don't think this particular test is stressful enough possibly? Furmark by the end of leaves the heat at high 60 whereas this just sits at 60-65.

*Yep just tried the Furry and Tessy test and the gpu load is now at 99% constantly.
#35Mrtyu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 7:44:41 PM
so if nothing is supposedly wrong with any of my hardware then they're must be some unfortunate conflict between my computer and the engine for Killing Floor?
#36ClouddxPosted 7/22/2014 7:53:29 PM
Mrtyu posted...
so if nothing is supposedly wrong with any of my hardware then they're must be some unfortunate conflict between my computer and the engine for Killing Floor?

Yep, sounds like it. However with MSI Kombustor my 770 GTX gets maxed out @ 99% usage. Can you please check if your GPU is drawing enough power during these tests.
---
#37PhilOnDezPosted 7/22/2014 7:55:28 PM
They probably just programmed the flamethrower in a really stupid way, my guess would be similar to the Reegar Carbine in mass effect 3. What the Reegar Carbine does (it's in no way a carbine, its weapon class is shotgun and it plays like a flamethrower) is just produce a ton of projectiles within its AoE and only 1 of the projectiles can deal damage per enemy per ammo consumed (also limited to one time per frame). Each projectile is just as demanding as having another enemy on screen as far as the game and your cpu are concerned, even if the gpu doesn't render them individually.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#38Mrtyu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 7:59:53 PM
Clouddx posted...
Mrtyu posted...

Yep, sounds like it. However with MSI Kombustor my 770 GTX gets maxed out @ 99% usage. Can you please check if your GPU is drawing enough power during these tests.

How would I check if my gpu is drawing enough power? Kombustor seems to just list gpu load and temperature.
#39ClouddxPosted 7/22/2014 9:01:10 PM
Mrtyu posted...
Clouddx posted...
Mrtyu posted...

How would I check if my gpu is drawing enough power? Kombustor seems to just list gpu load and temperature.

MSI Afterburner has hardware monitoring and should show you Power, % which is how much power is being pumped into your GPU. On full load it should be 95-100% power draw.
---
#40Mrtyu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 1:16:24 AM(edited)
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by power? The closest thing I could find to it on afterburner is core clock mhz which is being used.

*If you mean voltage then mine is at 0.875v