This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: Call of Duty has not ruined gaming.

#11JKatarnPosted 7/22/2014 4:24:28 PM
You might also argue that people have ruined movies, literature and television as well for similar reasons. All forms of media are going to pander to the lowest common denominator to garner the most sales.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#12wizardmonPosted 7/22/2014 8:10:32 PM
cody4783 posted...
NobyNobyMan posted...
Actually, I ruined gaming, and I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids.

And that STUPID COD!

fixed.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#13cody4783Posted 7/22/2014 8:19:27 PM
wizardmon posted...
cody4783 posted...
NobyNobyMan posted...
Actually, I ruined gaming, and I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids.

And that STUPID COD!

fixed.

I don't remember them walking around with a fish in that show...
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/zgyKBAY.jpg
#14akuma634Posted 7/22/2014 8:26:09 PM
This is very true. COD is the popular thing to hate. From the early years of gaming, it's always been people cashing in on a trend, look at how many Pong consoles got made. There are countless Mario knock offs. Lots of beat 'em up games, then 1 on 1 fighting games became the next big trend until the FPS genre took off when more noteworthy games like DOOM came along. There are always trends and businesses looking to try and dethrone the big game on top. Look at how many games were called the "Halo killer" until the COD series became the staple of the genre.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#15LazyyAmericanPosted 7/22/2014 9:11:51 PM
PSA: Yes it did
---
A true cinematic 24 fps experience
#16juscallmeehxPosted 7/22/2014 9:13:08 PM
Dumb consumers and Activation ruined it.
---
PSN, XBL & Steam: juscallmeehx
i5-4670k CPU @ 3.7GHz OC | 2x8GB RAM | Evga GTX 560 ti | 2x128GB SSD & 1TB HD
#17Hanlo_is_backPosted 7/22/2014 9:13:58 PM
NobyNobyMan posted...

How could you, you monster
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
#18TheEntitledOnePosted 7/22/2014 9:14:23 PM
TC gives us another douse of stupid here on Gamefaqs. Why don't you stand on the street corners of downtown and hand out pamphlets outlining the casual dangers of COD and the games you can buy to fight the power?
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#19RingsOfUranusPosted 7/23/2014 3:06:04 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Pyro_Yuy posted...
No, twilight did.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Twilight is a movie series...

Twilight is a book series.
---
Official Gengar
"Your actions in the virtual world will affect your actions in the real one." -TrainerAura
#20MackorovPosted 7/23/2014 4:41:21 AM
Fire_Plover posted...
I see this a lot, and it really isn't true in the slightest. It basically boils down to hating what's popular, but that's not what I want to focus on. The thing is, Call of Duty has NOT ruined the gaming industry. Not anywhere close. You know what is ruining the industry? Idiot consumers.

While most of the hate gets attributed to the series, there is nothing inherently wrong with CoD games. They may not be your cup of tea (and they don't have to be!), but (I suppose with the exception of Ghosts) they've always been fluid and polished games. Some campaigns outshine others, but they all are entertaining and engaging for the most part. Certainly a far cry above some of the other offerings of the Multiplayer FPS genre (BF3, Titanfall, etc.). They've featured a variety of extra content (in this sense, I mean not Campaign and not Multiplayer matches) with things like Zombies, Survival, Spec Ops challenges and Extinction, which also serve to spice up the games. Even on consoles, they've maintained standards that other games have lost, especially things like split-screen & locking the games at 60fps. The point I'm trying to make is, while you may not like the games, they are generally well made, polished and smooth

Stopped reading right there. Well made? polished? Smooth? Yeah ****Ing right. I've played plenty of COD games but it's easy to see how much the quality of the games have gone down in recent years. MW3 for instance, an exact recycled garbage of MW2, had countless bugs in the campaign that the devs never bothered to fix. Enemies walking into walls, sequences not starting, it's ridiculous.