This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why hasn't Capcom released Dragon's Dogma on PC?

#11Spidey555Posted 7/22/2014 4:47:14 PM
I would love to see it on PC, there could be some fantastic mods for it.
---
PS4: Spidey555
Steam: Spidey555
#12hitokiri13Posted 7/22/2014 4:50:07 PM
My friend pirated it on PS3. lol
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#13Freelance_WolfPosted 7/22/2014 5:05:06 PM
It's my favourite PS3 game so yes, I'd love to see it on PC, but that's never going to happen. Dunno why. They released lots of other games.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#14JKatarnPosted 7/22/2014 5:17:38 PM(edited)
brotrrwinner posted...
What do I expect? I expect people to refrain from posting if they have nothing to say instead of posting nonsense

Prepare to have your expectations shattered. Posting in a public gaming forum and not expecting at least some nonsense and trolling is like tossing steaks into a lion enclosure and not expecting them to tear into them.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#15harcoreblazerPosted 7/22/2014 5:34:24 PM
TC, i played it quite a bit on PS3. You're not missing a lot, not even fast loading times, 60fps, high-res textures, anti-aliasing and 1080p can make this game fun, maybe pretty, but not fun.

World feels dull, missions feel dull and repetitive (And a lot of them are going to make you go through the same paths over and over again), the story and world are as interesting as a PG-13 horror movie (Spoilers: Not interesting at all), the battles against the big enemies feel way too long, also the world feels limited compared to other games, and travel feels eternal since there doesn't seem to be horses or mounts to go faster or a decent fast-travel system.

On the other hand, the pawn system is good, you can pretty much customize a lot of stuff (You can make a little mage girl like the ones in animes and stuff, or a big tanky warrior) and you can share them with your friends and strangers, and they can even rate them based on looks, combat and usefulness (Same with the ones you get). You can also send them back with gifts.

Another + is the so-bad-it's-good main theme that sadly it's only available on the original version, whereas Dark Arisen has a generic chorus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LNwrv--DmU

Also, Dark Arisen has a extra Dark-Souls like area (gameplay-wise) but i never got there.

tl;dr Not a game that would improve a lot overall on PC.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#16oomomowPosted 7/23/2014 7:21:20 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
TC, i played it quite a bit on PS3. You're not missing a lot, not even fast loading times, 60fps, high-res textures, anti-aliasing and 1080p can make this game fun, maybe pretty, but not fun.

World feels dull, missions feel dull and repetitive (And a lot of them are going to make you go through the same paths over and over again), the story and world are as interesting as a PG-13 horror movie (Spoilers: Not interesting at all), the battles against the big enemies feel way too long, also the world feels limited compared to other games, and travel feels eternal since there doesn't seem to be horses or mounts to go faster or a decent fast-travel system.

On the other hand, the pawn system is good, you can pretty much customize a lot of stuff (You can make a little mage girl like the ones in animes and stuff, or a big tanky warrior) and you can share them with your friends and strangers, and they can even rate them based on looks, combat and usefulness (Same with the ones you get). You can also send them back with gifts.

Another + is the so-bad-it's-good main theme that sadly it's only available on the original version, whereas Dark Arisen has a generic chorus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LNwrv--DmU

Also, Dark Arisen has a extra Dark-Souls like area (gameplay-wise) but i never got there.

tl;dr Not a game that would improve a lot overall on PC.

Worst troll ever. At least come up with something creative. You took almost everything people liked about the game, and said it sucked. Not even that you don't like it, it just sucked. How are your facts supposed to be credible if it goes against every single other person?
---
Oh great Kirby, destroyer of worlds, we are not worthy.
#17XianCePosted 7/23/2014 7:42:52 PM
Pawn system is what kept it from coming to PC.
---
Nintendo is truly desperate, they're only surviving off nostalgia
#18OrgeLambartPosted 7/23/2014 8:04:32 PM
shame it needs a pc release
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart
#19Chaos_MissilePosted 7/23/2014 8:05:58 PM
brotrrwinner posted...
TheCommunator posted...
Because Capcom

Yes, that clearly explains it... shut up if you have nothing of value to add

This is the same company that, for no reason whatsoever, canceled 3 Megaman games in a row with barely an explanation. And then blame their fans for not developing the game for them.

Now imagine if Nintendo stopped making Mario, Zelda, Pokemon games and focused on Bayonetta as their new milking franchise; quite literally spitting on the fanbase that put them on the map in the first place.

This is also the same company who thought a QTE-only game was a great idea and made it so that the actual ending of said game must be bought in a DLC

This is the same company that defined DLC = Disc-Locked-Content

This is the same company that will re-release the same game over and over again, but with a balance change that could've been done with a mere patch and give it a new ridiculous naming scheme.

Yes, the word "Capcom" alone explains alot.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#20AcquirePosted 7/23/2014 8:28:46 PM
Because it's a boring game. No point in spending the time to port it.
---
Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.