This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's the One controller on PC?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's the One controller on PC?
1 year ago#11
I don't want to buy an Xbone controller and be disappointed, so can anyone tell me how the PS4 controller is for PC?
---
Pod 6 is jerks.
http://www.last.fm/user/CommodoreKD
1 year ago#12
Kreeping Death posted...
I don't want to buy an Xbone controller and be disappointed, so can anyone tell me how the PS4 controller is for PC?

How the controller is, or how well the controller is compatible with the PC?

Compatibility, it's just plug and play. It's different button mappings from the 360 controller (and it's directinput), but there are pretty well made drivers to change it to Xinput and make it act just like a 360 controller (for games that were made with that controller in mind). Also supports bluetooth if you have an adapter.

PS4 controller itself is good, but it'll be personal preference really. I like it a lot though
---
---
1 year ago#13
Tidus18 posted...
Kreeping Death posted...

How the controller is, or how well the controller is compatible with the PC?

Compatibility, it's just plug and play. It's different button mappings from the 360 controller (and it's directinput), but there are pretty well made drivers to change it to Xinput and make it act just like a 360 controller (for games that were made with that controller in mind). Also supports bluetooth if you have an adapter.

PS4 controller itself is good, but it'll be personal preference really. I like it a lot though

On the same topic, I'd rather use my PS4 controller on my PC. I use to use my PS3 one on my old laptop with MotionInJoy, but decided not to install it on this PC because of how notoriously shady MIJ is.
---
GT/PSN = KeronSHB
Official Hatchiyack of the DBRB2 360 Boards
1 year ago#14
Chaos_Missile posted...
How's the One controller on PC?

Which one controller are you referring to?

http://i.imgur.com/ttDXN8B.jpg

"The One".
You know, it's all special like Neo and stuff.
No controller for the remainder of human history will be better than it.
---
Sig.
1 year ago#15
I've asked this before, but what's the easy way to switch the controller over from my PC to the console and back again? Whenever I go from PC to console it never just works right away. Gotta take out batteries, plug it in via USB, and do all this nonsense.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
1 year ago#16
Muflaggin posted...
I've asked this before, but what's the easy way to switch the controller over from my PC to the console and back again? Whenever I go from PC to console it never just works right away. Gotta take out batteries, plug it in via USB, and do all this nonsense.

I've never had to do that with a PS controller, can't say for sure with a One controller.
---
GT/PSN = KeronSHB
Official Hatchiyack of the DBRB2 360 Boards
1 year ago#17
super hotshot bowser posted...
Muflaggin posted...

I've never had to do that with a PS controller, can't say for sure with a One controller.

You can just switch freely with PS4 controller with no issues?
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
1 year ago#18
Muflaggin posted...
Whenever I go from PC to console it never just works right away. Gotta take out batteries, plug it in via USB, and do all this nonsense.

I'm assuming you're talking about the One controller? If so then you should just be able to use the sync button (located above the USB slot on the left of the console and right next to the micro usb slot on the controller) to pair it with the system again.
---
http://giant.gfycat.com/BiodegradableRevolvingBlueandgoldmackaw.gif http://giant.gfycat.com/EvergreenMiserableBorer.gif
1 year ago#19
My biggest gripe is that it's only supposed to work when wired. There is no wireless play on PC and that's a big no buy for me.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
1 year ago#20
Jinchuse posted...
The Xbone triggers are ass. You're better off using the 360 controller for games that don't use the D-pad tbh.

What is so "ass" about them? I fiddled with one at Best Buy and thought the triggers felt nice.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's the One controller on PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived