This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Building a pc is alot like building a car.

#21pothocketPosted 7/23/2014 10:41:59 AM
What is the PC equivalent of putting a whistle in your tail-pipe to make it sound like you got a better engine than you really do? (yes, people really do this to their cars)
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#22pothocketPosted 7/23/2014 10:52:11 AM
DevilTriggerSSS posted...
Snadados posted...
Putting a PC together takes a 10-30 minute youtube video and a phillips screw driver.

Really? you think someone who is totally computer illiterate could just watch ONE 30 min video on youtube and instantly know how to put together an entire build, install the OS properly, and include all the necessary drivers, then set up all the required software?

That's what I did and I didn't even watch a video. Just read the instructions that came with my motherboard/windows. You can learn more in less time by reading. It's really not that hard.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#23WyzeGyePosted 7/23/2014 10:55:01 AM
pothocket posted...
What is the PC equivalent of putting a whistle in your tail-pipe to make it sound like you got a better engine than you really do? (yes, people really do this to their cars)

Intel i7 case badge on an AMD turion 64 system.
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#24MonkeymagePosted 7/23/2014 10:55:35 AM
"alot" is not a word.

"allot" is a word.

"a lot" is two words.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#25SinisterSlayPosted 7/23/2014 10:56:10 AM
Pretty much everywhere it is illegal to drive on public roads your own car built from parts.
But you can build a computer and use it on the public roads (internet) legally.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#26MonkeymagePosted 7/23/2014 11:04:00 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Pretty much everywhere it is illegal to drive on public roads your own car built from parts.

Uhh, where are you getting that information from? You can register a custom-built car in pretty much every state, but there's more paperwork to do.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#27SinisterSlayPosted 7/23/2014 11:06:23 AM(edited)
Monkeymage posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Uhh, where are you getting that information from? You can register a custom-built car in pretty much every state, but there's more paperwork to do.

How did you get serial numbers? safety checks? certifications? licenses?
Hell in many places you can't even alter your suspension on an existing car.
What did the insurance company say when you said you built your own car out of spare parts?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#28MonkeymagePosted 7/23/2014 11:17:57 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Monkeymage posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

What did the insurance company say when you said you built your own car out of spare parts?

1) You don't need serial numbers. Serial numbers are for manufacturers.
2) Safety checks / certification are done by state patrol or the DMV. They have to be scheduled.
3) Once it's been certified as roadworthy you can register it
4) Get the car appraised and get stated value insurance
---
#29GoldninjaPosted 7/23/2014 11:18:44 AM
Another terrible car comparison. *vomit*
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#30SinisterSlayPosted 7/23/2014 11:22:37 AM(edited)
Monkeymage posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Monkeymage posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

1) You don't need serial numbers. Serial numbers are for manufacturers.
2) Safety checks / certification are done by state patrol or the DMV. They have to be scheduled.
3) Once it's been certified as roadworthy you can register it
4) Get the car appraised and get stated value insurance

I see, well I've never been a place that let you register and insure a car that didn't have a serial number.
Usually a car that doesn't have a serial number is stolen.
Are you in Albania? I hear they have a tradition of filing off serial numbers to save weight.
---