This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CEO Satya Nadella Just Made The Best (And Most Obvious) Decision For Microsoft!!

#21MarikhenPosted 7/23/2014 6:57:31 AM
So let me get this straight. The next version of Windows is going to be designed from the ground up to function on the X-Box One, tablets, phones, PCs, and servers?

Well, this wasn't quite the response I was looking for, but I suppose it kinda fits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-uFZVsgwZc
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#22Fou LuPosted 7/23/2014 7:07:40 AM
Monkeymage posted...
Does this mean that XBox One games would be compatible with the new version of Windows on a PC, or would MS lock out that functionality?

Microsoft gave up with Xbox Live for PC and is releasing games on Steam. They've already got 4-5 up with 2-3 more coming later this year.

And good. I hate Apple and Android, so I have a Windows tablet, and I hate that developers specifically have to make apps for the tablet, which they don't. Having Internet Explorer as the only web browser is annoying as hell.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#23sanjeustPosted 7/23/2014 7:33:28 AM
It's success will depend greatly on the User Interface for each system. I hope Microsoft learned from the Windows 8 controversy and reduced appeal.
#24Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/23/2014 7:33:40 AM
Expect the next Windows version to include its own DRM client, since you'll be buying your games off the unified Windows store, since multiplats will be forced to use it in order to be available on Xbox.

I like how this is great for PC and murderous for Steam at the same time. Now you know why Valve have been pushing Linux and Steam OS lately.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#25TheEntitledOnePosted 7/23/2014 7:36:05 AM
Oh yeah. Windows 9 is going to rock!
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#26SinisterSlayPosted 7/23/2014 7:37:29 AM
sanjeust posted...
It's success will depend greatly on the User Interface for each system. I hope Microsoft learned from the Windows 8 controversy and reduced appeal.

Microsoft rarely learns it's lesson.
It just tries again with a slightly different polish to see if they can trick people into buying it, or force people into buying it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#27SpideyknightPosted 7/23/2014 8:21:49 AM
Good stuff. Well done.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#28MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/23/2014 8:53:43 AM
Yeah **** this I'm just going to debian if this becomes mandatory
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#29ThePylonPosted 7/23/2014 9:54:25 AM
Ill wait for the inevitable Chinese direct X compatible Windows clone: Won-dows. Cmon China I know you don't care about patents and copyrights.
Then MS can go right to hell
---
I play too many different games to even care.
#30ein311Posted 7/23/2014 10:26:28 AM
unclee posted...
That's probably what they mean: a unified backend with a UI to fit each device.

Or we could just continue to immediately say "DOOOOOM!" Whatever works for you.

First response is what I approached this to mean.

Second response is what I expected everyone to react with.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations