This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please help me decide between these PC's

#1misticknight1Posted 7/23/2014 5:28:39 AM
Before I link i just want to say i know its cheaper/better to buy my own parts and build my own rig but i'm hopeless with that stuff and dont care to learn atm. Ive done some research online as far as prices go and for what im paying and what i need these seem the best bang for your buck im just not sure which of them is the best. Take note i am in Australia so you should keep that in mind when looking at prices, id say its probably at least 20% more what you guys would pay for the same parts, maybe even slightly more. Also i do need the monitor and speakers as i have neither so keep that in mind with the price too. Here's the links:

http://www.bigbencomputers.com.au/viewproduct.php?cid=107&pid=1353367

http://macotechnology.com.au/systemu.asp?sysid=3968&systype=Intel ( you may have to click calculate to get final price)

http://www.msy.com.au/content/31-system-packages (either Gaming 3 or Professional 2, the from is for i3 prices ill upgrade to the i5 so its an extra $50 or so from the prices advertised).

I dont need a crazy machine that can play the latest games on the highest settings but if i can at least manage like med-high on next gen games ill be happy. hope thats enough info.
---
"But here within this thick black pelt, your strongest gaze
will be absorbed and utterly disappear." - Rainer Maria Rilke, Black Cat
#2blax34dmPosted 7/23/2014 5:40:54 AM
The only one you linked that has a chance of playing new games on medium is the gaming3 on the 3rd link. That said, it is incredibly overpriced. Like, should cost about 900$ max in the US.
#3tiger8191Posted 7/23/2014 5:50:58 AM
The above poster is wrong.

In the third link, gaming 3, the i5/760 build, will play games on high/ultra. The i5/750ti will play games med/high and he also clearly ignored the part about being in Australia and is still looking at it in terms of us prices. I've helped a few friends build pcs in Australia and your prices are indeed way more than the US.

If you are not looking to play high ultra I would get the gaming 2 with i5/750ti and then later down the road you could just upgrade the gpu. But if you have the $ get the gaming 3.
---
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
#4misticknight1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 5:54:11 AM
Okay thanks, makes my choice alot easier if both of you agree the gaming 3 is the best of those options. Also one more question would it be better to ask them, if possible, to install a wireless network adapter or should i just buy one of those usb dongles? ill be using this comp in my room which doesn't have access to a phone/modem line.
---
#5mkil5Posted 7/23/2014 7:40:41 AM
The gaming 3 is a good machine, but way way way overpriced.

I would recommend building one, then I saw you use the term phone/modem line.
#6misticknight1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 10:15:43 AM
Lol well I did say initially im hopeless in that regard.
---
#7LvthnPosted 7/23/2014 10:19:03 AM
Gaming 3 is the obvious choice of those.

Man, Aussie gamers get so boned. Prices, servers, everything.
#8misticknight1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 11:10:04 AM(edited)
I just realised i made a mistake in my initial post, im wandering why everyone is recommending the gaming 3. I meant between gaming 2 or professional 3 don't want to spend to much over my budget which was $1000 initially. Sorry guys. With that in mind which of those 3 would you recommend, I wish I could afford the Gaming 3 but no way, already pushing it with the $1000 or so.
---
#9mkil5Posted 7/23/2014 12:26:24 PM
The GTX 760 is a lot better than the 750Ti.

Just do some research and watch some videos on YouTube and you can build either of those machines for half the price.
#10misticknight1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 4:57:38 PM
So I just checked up some individual prices of the parts included in Gaming pack 2, maybe I dont know how to shop around (i checked a few sites) but it pretty much equalled the same, maybe even more. Prices in Australia are alot more expensive you need to remember that.
---