This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't find answer on google. Do stnadoffs come with mobo or case?

#1U1gitaroomanPosted 7/23/2014 6:15:12 AM
It has been stressed enough to me to know that standoffs are vitally important to a working computer. However, I can't find any info if they actually come with the case or mobo or is it something I have to buy separately.

I'd like to know ASAP so i can get them ordered on Amazon prime by this weekend! Thanks in advance.
---
Listen to me. I'm a sage!
#2JinchusePosted 7/23/2014 6:18:00 AM(edited)
They come with the case. Some cases have them pre-installed.
#3fataliPosted 7/23/2014 6:19:24 AM
They come with the case, along with all the screws to mount the hard drives, power supply, graphic card, etc.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#4U1gitarooman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:25:17 AM
Thank you guys so much. That's a load off my mind.
---
#5U1gitarooman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:26:24 AM
Can you imagine how depressin that would be? Getting ALL the parts in and laying everythin out and not being able to assemble them because of some cheap screws and all local stores being closed on sunday? haha.
---
#6ThisGuy101Posted 7/23/2014 6:31:27 AM
One thing I'm kind of bothered with:

Whenever I first assembled my rig last week, the case had preinstalled standoffs. There were 8 standoffs (Three on top, two in the middle, three on the bottom), and the mobo had 9 standoff holes. I was in a hurry to get it done, and didn't bother to install the standoff for the last hole.

Now that everything's put together, I'm kind of worried about that. Should I go back and install the standoff?
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#72Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 7/23/2014 6:32:22 AM
You could have built it without the motherboard in the case as long as you secured the graphics card somehow and put the HDD in the case to secure it
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
#82Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 7/23/2014 6:33:20 AM
ThisGuy101 posted...

Whenever I first assembled my rig last week, the case had preinstalled standoffs. There were 8 standoffs (Three on top, two in the middle, three on the bottom), and the mobo had 9 standoff holes. I was in a hurry to get it done, and didn't bother to install the standoff for the last hole.

Now that everything's put together, I'm kind of worried about that. Should I go back and install the standoff?

Not really a big deal, it's worse if you have a standoff but no hole
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
#9fataliPosted 7/23/2014 6:53:46 AM
ThisGuy101 posted...

When this happen, all I did was stick a piece of Styrofoam under the space where the missing standoff would go. Just to have peace of mind that the motherboard would not touch the case and cause a short circuit.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#10SonyHoundDawgPosted 7/23/2014 7:17:03 AM
Its fine missing standoff guy.