This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to transfer the APP Popcorn Time to a console?

#1AurawhispererPosted 7/23/2014 8:27:07 AM
Like from PC to console, such as the Wii U? OR any APPs? Just curious.
---
Drift king of Mario Kart 8. Extremely hyped for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphires return :D
#2El MagnificoPosted 7/23/2014 8:37:55 AM
No, PC software are not compatible with consoles. If there are any multi-platform software, then you would need to get it from the console's own digital store. You can't "transfer" software from PC to consoles.
#3Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 8:47:35 AM
El Magnifico posted...
No, PC software are not compatible with consoles. If there are any multi-platform software, then you would need to get it from the console's own digital store. You can't "transfer" software from PC to consoles.

Ah alright. Just curious seeing how one can transfer a certain limit from PC to console (like some mods for Skyrim)
---
Drift king of Mario Kart 8. Extremely hyped for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphires return :D
#4PsythikPosted 7/23/2014 12:02:49 PM
lol no you can't mod a console version of Skyrim. With the very rare exception (Unreal Tournament III on PS3, for example) mods are PC-only, mainly due to the restrictions console makers put on their systems that don't exist in the PC world. If you want to get into modding you need a PC.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#5ClouddxPosted 7/23/2014 12:07:32 PM
Aurawhisperer posted...
El Magnifico posted...

Ah alright. Just curious seeing how one can transfer a certain limit from PC to console (like some mods for Skyrim)

There are absolutely no mods for Skyrim on consoles.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#6MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/23/2014 12:18:10 PM
Clouddx posted...
Aurawhisperer posted...
El Magnifico posted...

Actually...this isn't EXACTLY true. I've seen a couple people that've successfully made very minor mods for the Xbox version.
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#7ClouddxPosted 7/23/2014 12:32:55 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
Clouddx posted...
Aurawhisperer posted...
El Magnifico posted...

Actually...this isn't EXACTLY true. I've seen a couple people that've successfully made very minor mods for the Xbox version.

God mode, ect aren't considered mods.
---
#8LootmanPosted 7/23/2014 12:35:27 PM
There is however a test room in Skyrim that contains chests with everything inside. I'm pretty sure there's a way to mod your location to go into it.

So as far as console skyrim mods are concerned it's possible to mod for any item.
---
\(._.)/ Hi, my name is Lootman!
._.)/ http://i.imgur.com/KyOOLwU.jpg
#9ClouddxPosted 7/23/2014 12:39:53 PM(edited)
Lootman posted...
There is however a test room in Skyrim that contains chests with everything inside. I'm pretty sure there's a way to mod your location to go into it.

So as far as console skyrim mods are concerned it's possible to mod for any item.

That's still not considered modding... Modding consists of actual changes to gameplay/items.

You don't consider using console commands as modding do you?
---
#10shmirlywhirlPosted 7/23/2014 1:00:30 PM
My friend modded Morrowind and got it working on his original Xbox. Not sure how he managed that.
---
Now with 100% real fruit juice