This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What am I missing? Trying to make .MDS from DVD disc with ImgBurn--but failing.

#1MwulfPosted 7/23/2014 8:15:33 AM
Basically, I'm trying to create an image of a game to use w/ an emulator, as I've heard using images results in better performance. Using ImgBurn to "create image file from disc," the automatic menu reads the game disc in the H drive, so I can make an ISO... but when I go into Tools > Create MDS File, I get a window where I can't really do anything--it wants me to select an image file, it won't let me select the actual disc.

So... I'm assuming I need to burn an image of the game, and THEN convert to MDS? Looking around online, it seems straight ISOs seem to have issues with certain PS2 titles, so if I made an ISO it might not carry over all of the information. I've also heard that burning an image can be very trick, as it will often fail to copy all the data correctly.

Anyone able to help me out here?
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#2JinchusePosted 7/23/2014 8:24:44 AM
MDS files go along with .ISO's you need to create an image of the disk first and it'll automatically make the MDS.

What you were trying to do was specify an image for it to make an MDS from. You don;t need to burn anything just make an ISO of the disc and IMGBURN will automatically make the .mds file