This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does supporting a Kickstarter work exactly?

#1bsballa09Posted 7/23/2014 9:21:03 AM
I've never backed any project with money before, but I'm thinking about backing Survive the Ngihts.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/697158346/survive-the-nights

How exactly does it work? I back them with money, then what happens? How do the developers get in touch with me to give me things such as early access, beta, digital copy, etc? With my Kickstarter account or with the email I use for Kickstarter?
---
[Don't buy The Sims 4]
#2SilentHawk29Posted 7/23/2014 9:24:17 AM
You'll get emails of all the updates they put on the kickstarter page. But that's only major updates. To really see how progress is going, you need to sign up for their forums. Also, you won't get charged money until the kickstarter is successful and the countdown ends.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#3bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 9:25:42 AM
SilentHawk29 posted...
You'll get emails of all the updates they put on the kickstarter page. But that's only major updates. To really see how progress is going, you need to sign up for their forums. Also, you won't get charged money until the kickstarter is successful and the countdown ends.

What happens if it's successful before the countdown ends? This Kickstarter already got the money it needed so far.
---
[Don't buy The Sims 4]
#4SpazH3dPosted 7/23/2014 9:28:55 AM
Yup, everything is by email.

I'm not sure why we need another survival game with zombies. Soon you'll get this effect. http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/7/5/25275.jpg?v=1
---
- My vision is augmented
#5AsellusPosted 7/23/2014 9:29:42 AM
bsballa09 posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

What happens if it's successful before the countdown ends? This Kickstarter already got the money it needed so far.

Nothing in particular? You know it's going to go through is all.
#6bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 9:34:02 AM(edited)
SpazH3d posted...
Yup, everything is by email.

I'm not sure why we need another survival game with zombies. Soon you'll get this effect. http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/7/5/25275.jpg?v=1

This game adds things that all other zombie survival games lack. Watch some of the videos, and you'll notice the difference. Also, that's not a very good analogy. Killzone is very different from MOH and COD.
---
[Don't buy The Sims 4]
#7bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 9:32:24 AM
Asellus posted...
bsballa09 posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

Nothing in particular? You know it's going to go through is all.

I mean about being charged. Do you get charged right away if the project is already funded or does it still wait until the countdown is done?
---
[Don't buy The Sims 4]
#8Master_BassPosted 7/23/2014 9:40:09 AM
bsballa09 posted...
I mean about being charged. Do you get charged right away if the project is already funded or does it still wait until the countdown is done?

You don't get charged until after the Kickstarter ends.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#9bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 9:46:50 AM
Master_Bass posted...
bsballa09 posted...

You don't get charged until after the Kickstarter ends.

Ah ok.
---
[Don't buy The Sims 4]
#10brantankPosted 7/24/2014 4:23:43 PM
Basically, you buy something that's not there, then wait to get a sub-par version of what you wanted.