This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to overclock this cpu further?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it possible to overclock this cpu further?
1 year ago#1
The processor is an 8320(4.5ghz), voltage is at 1.384, it's temps at max is 58C, the cooler is an H75, and the maximum temperature I could go to is 62C for the socket. Should I attempt to overclock any further than 4.5ghz? I'll post a CPU-Z screenshot below of the cpu/mobo. I only touched the multiplier and voltage so I haven't touched any other settings.

http://postimg.org/image/m4iuztpbr/
---
APEVIA X-Hermes--CORSAIR H75--G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB-- ADATA SSD 128GB--AMD FX 8320 Black Edition @ 4.20ghz--Powercolor 2GB 7850 @ 1050/1450--Asus Xonar DGX.
1 year ago#2
Overclock as far as you can without overvolting until it overheats or loses stability. Then tune it back a little.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
1 year ago#3
you are already in throttling, failure/potential fire hazard territory with an 8 core overclocked on that crappy motherboard.
---
HDD is like a horse while SSDs are like Cars - CuteBeans
1 year ago#4
That's not really a question other people can answer for you. You have to play around with it to see what you can get stable without over heating.

Personally I wouldn't up the voltage any more though, that's pretty hot already. Also keep an eye on north bridge and south bridge temperature. A lot of times they will be the first thing to over heat on cheap mother boards not the CPU, especially when you have a decent cooler on it.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
1 year ago#5
KURRUPTOR posted...
That's not really a question other people can answer for you. You have to play around with it to see what you can get stable without over heating.

Personally I wouldn't up the voltage any more though, that's pretty hot already. Also keep an eye on north bridge and south bridge temperature. A lot of times they will be the first thing to over heat on cheap mother boards not the CPU, especially when you have a decent cooler on it.

They're both at around 47/48C. Seems fine to me unless motherboards shouldn't be that high. When I'm not gaming though the CPU runs at about 35C on average which is great. Thanks for the heads up though man, I would of never thought to of checked those temperatures. :)
---
APEVIA X-Hermes--CORSAIR H75--G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB-- ADATA SSD 128GB--AMD FX 8320 Black Edition @ 4.5ghz--Powercolor 2GB 7850 @ 1050/1450--Asus Xonar DGX.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it possible to overclock this cpu further?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived