This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection free on Origin

#81Freelance_WolfPosted 7/24/2014 9:33:05 AM
temgun posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...
However, there are some things that's better in Sims 2.

2. Dining.

What do you mean by that? I don't think I've noticed any difference, but it has been a very long time since I played Sims 2.

In Sims 2, restaurants weren't rabbit holes. You went by yourself or in a group, and you were led to your seat by an employee, and a waiter will come and take your order. While you're waiting for your food, your Sims (if you're not alone) would make pleasant conversation, and then the food comes and everyone starts eating, while talking in between bites. Then after the meal is over, you could either pay for the meal or attempt to skip out (make sure you don't get caught!). It was a much better dining experience compared to Sims 3.

Only problem was that if you were in a group, sometimes everyone ends up sitting at different tables, which makes no sense at all.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#82SinisterSlayPosted 7/24/2014 9:35:09 AM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
temgun posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...

2. Dining.

What do you mean by that? I don't think I've noticed any difference, but it has been a very long time since I played Sims 2.

In Sims 2, restaurants weren't rabbit holes. You went by yourself or in a group, and you were led to your seat by an employee, and a waiter will come and take your order. While you're waiting for your food, your Sims (if you're not alone) would make pleasant conversation, and then the food comes and everyone starts eating, while talking in between bites. Then after the meal is over, you could either pay for the meal or attempt to skip out (make sure you don't get caught!). It was a much better dining experience compared to Sims 3.

Only problem was that if you were in a group, sometimes everyone ends up sitting at different tables, which makes no sense at all.

I took my sim to the dance club and got stuck in the toilet because an npc stood outside the door.
I had to reload.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#83Freelance_WolfPosted 7/24/2014 9:38:11 AM
Couldn't you wait until the NPC moved?

Oh, another Sims 2 annoyance! You can't save when you're not at home!!!!!
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#84SinisterSlayPosted 7/24/2014 10:00:41 AM(edited)
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Couldn't you wait until the NPC moved?

Oh, another Sims 2 annoyance! You can't save when you're not at home!!!!!

He never did and I starved to death in the bathroom a day later.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#85occonoPosted 7/24/2014 10:00:29 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Now if I could just fix those shadows without downgrading my nvidia drivers I'd be all set.
The game takes forever to load on my i7. I am scared to see how long it takes to load on my old XP machine but it might render better as it's only using the 314 drivers, but it's also a 9600gt so the framerate might suck.

Did you remember to set it to only use one CPU core?
#86SinisterSlayPosted 7/24/2014 10:03:07 AM(edited)
occono posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Now if I could just fix those shadows without downgrading my nvidia drivers I'd be all set.
The game takes forever to load on my i7. I am scared to see how long it takes to load on my old XP machine but it might render better as it's only using the 314 drivers, but it's also a 9600gt so the framerate might suck.

No, is that required? I never had any issues other than graphics.
---
#87occonoPosted 7/24/2014 10:03:09 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
occono posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

No, is that required? I never had any issues other that graphics.

I had loading problems, I did that and the game works fine now.
#88SinisterSlayPosted 7/24/2014 10:06:19 AM
occono posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
occono posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Like it wouldn't load at all our just takes an age?
---
#89temgunPosted 7/24/2014 10:14:00 AM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
temgun posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...

2. Dining.

Oh yeah, that actually is a massive downgrade. I remember it being fun to see the chef actually making the food and the waiters serving it. Are all restaurants in Sims 3 rabbit holes? In every neighbourhood with all expansions? I remember using one restaurant once in Sims 3 and it was pretty silly to see that it's just a rabbit hole to fill the hunger bad. Same with most other activities, like movies.
#90occonoPosted 7/24/2014 10:38:32 AM(edited)
SinisterSlay posted...
occono posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
occono posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Like it wouldn't load at all our just takes an age?

For me, it took an age and alt-tabbing would make it crash and seize up, necessitating a system restart.

After, it loads reasonably fast and it alt-tabs without problems.

Doing this has helped me with lots of old games.