This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection free on Origin

#91SinisterSlayPosted 7/24/2014 10:49:18 AM
occono posted...

For me, it took an age and alt-tabbing would make it crash and seize up, necessitating a system restart.

After, it loads reasonably fast and it alt-tabs without problems.

Doing this has helped me with lots of old games.

How did you force to 1 core without alt tabbing out?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#92occonoPosted 7/24/2014 10:59:59 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
occono posted...

For me, it took an age and alt-tabbing would make it crash and seize up, necessitating a system restart.

After, it loads reasonably fast and it alt-tabs without problems.

Doing this has helped me with lots of old games.

How did you force to 1 core without alt tabbing out?

The first time I ran it it seized up on Alt-Tab, and I couldn't get to task manager (It was seized up and stuck on top of other windows). Second or third time, I opened task manager beforehand and was able to alt-tab to it, but it felt like it took effort. After setting it to CPU 0 only and restarting the game, it loaded in due time and alt-tabbing gives me no issues.
#93Sephiroth311Posted 7/24/2014 11:30:54 AM
bhafc22 posted...
I have an Origin account but I haven't downloaded Origin, I've just redeemed the code online, where do I download it, or do I need to install Origin for that to be available?

I would also like to know this, it says I've successfully redeemed the code for the game but where do I actually download it?
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
#94arleasPosted 7/24/2014 11:36:21 AM
You're gonna have to install origin and install the game and launch the game from there.

I think once the game is running you can kill the origin process without it stopping the game.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#95LOLIAmAnAltPosted 7/24/2014 11:38:57 AM
Holy, these loading times and inability to change resolution/shadows
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#96SinisterSlayPosted 7/24/2014 11:41:54 AM
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...

I haven't fixed loading time but you can fix resolution. Just google it, but basically there is a clear text code file that you can edit to force it to high.
If I remember, I can send mine around.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#97SnipeStarPosted 7/24/2014 11:49:15 AM
lolorigin
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#98Freelance_WolfPosted 7/24/2014 11:55:04 AM(edited)
temgun posted...
Oh yeah, that actually is a massive downgrade. I remember it being fun to see the chef actually making the food and the waiters serving it. Are all restaurants in Sims 3 rabbit holes? In every neighbourhood with all expansions? I remember using one restaurant once in Sims 3 and it was pretty silly to see that it's just a rabbit hole to fill the hunger bad. Same with most other activities, like movies.

Yes, all restaurants are rabbit holes, although they do have an outdoor area so your Sims can eat outside. There are some community lots that aren't rabbit holes, but they're usually bars and such where you can order food at a counter.

As for the people saying Sims 2 is the best because of Open For Business, Sims 3 Island Paradise let Sims own hotels. Sure, it's only hotels, but it's better than nothing.

I thought opening a store was pretty hard to manage, but I liked opening home businesses though. Sims would come in, watch TV and eat some food and would pay my Sim for the privilege. One 'customer' actually went to the hot tub and stayed there all night.

Also, I dunno why everyone hates Origin. It seems they just hate EA, so therefore they automatically hate Origin as well. I never have any issues running Origin, yet on Steam I always run into issues.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#99MarceloSampaioPosted 7/24/2014 11:55:58 AM
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...

I don't have these issues on my disc version. I can change resolution and shadows just fine. The loading times, however... are very The Sims-ish.
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#100Lord_VaderPosted 7/24/2014 12:19:43 PM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
temgun posted...
Oh yeah, that actually is a massive downgrade. I remember it being fun to see the chef actually making the food and the waiters serving it. Are all restaurants in Sims 3 rabbit holes? In every neighbourhood with all expansions? I remember using one restaurant once in Sims 3 and it was pretty silly to see that it's just a rabbit hole to fill the hunger bad. Same with most other activities, like movies.

Yes, all restaurants are rabbit holes, although they do have an outdoor area so your Sims can eat outside. There are some community lots that aren't rabbit holes, but they're usually bars and such where you can order food at a counter.

As for the people saying Sims 2 is the best because of Open For Business, Sims 3 Island Paradise let Sims own hotels. Sure, it's only hotels, but it's better than nothing.

I thought opening a store was pretty hard to manage, but I liked opening home businesses though. Sims would come in, watch TV and eat some food and would pay my Sim for the privilege. One 'customer' actually went to the hot tub and stayed there all night.

Also, I dunno why everyone hates Origin. It seems they just hate EA, so therefore they automatically hate Origin as well. I never have any issues running Origin, yet on Steam I always run into issues.

So wait which of the lots besides homes are NOT rabbit holes? Surely if you get late night for Sims 3 they'll let you roam around inside the clubs right?
---
Live long and prosper.