This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Deus Ex should I play?

#1Sephiroth0327Posted 7/23/2014 12:16:44 PM(edited)
So I just picked up the latest Humble Bundle since it had a ton of quality games and it included a bunch of Deus Ex games. The last Deus Ex game I played was on PS2 and I barely remember it. Which of these games would you recommend I play?

- Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
- Deus Ex: Invisible War
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Directors Cut
- Deus Ex: The Fall
---
TSV [3058] | Trainer Name:Olivia/Dan/Dthunder | 3DS FC - 2509-2107-1916
#2AxtlarPosted 7/23/2014 12:14:38 PM
The first one if you never finished it. Also the best one. Otherwise the prequel, HR.
---
PM for 3DS code/Steam ID. http://tinyurl.com/kcqajde
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg
#3ShubPosted 7/23/2014 12:15:01 PM(edited)
Deus Ex is a cult classic.
Deus Ex: Invisible War (a.k.a. Deus Ex 2) was not memorable, in my opinion. To the point where I don't remember much about it, even though I did play it when it came out. It's not terrible.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is good, but not quite what fans of the original Deus Ex expected/wanted.
Deus Ex: The Fall is a pile of manure, apparently. I've not played it.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#4Orestes417Posted 7/23/2014 12:16:45 PM
Play Invisible War first so it won't be tainted by expectations from the first game. It's a decent game in it's own right but the fanboys tend to get their heads firmly implanted in their asses from seeing the name. After that either do Human Revolution which is a prequel or DX GOTY. The Fall isn't particularly good.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#5Sephiroth0327(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 12:26:51 PM
Hmm ok - I'm still torn about which one to start with. I definitely played the first one before so maybe I'll just go watch a couple Let's Plays to refresh my memory and also read up on the Plot and then I'll jump into the prequel and later try out Invisible War
---
TSV [3058] | Trainer Name:Olivia/Dan/Dthunder | 3DS FC - 2509-2107-1916
#6Orestes417Posted 7/23/2014 12:28:25 PM
The PS2 Deus Ex isn't exactly the same game as the PC version. They made compromises for the console, and for the love of ****ing god don't watch a lets play for a game whose main appeal is the ability to play through making your own choices.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#7McDoodPosted 7/23/2014 2:13:18 PM
The first Deus Ex is the best game made so that.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/whipper raptr.com/Whipper
#8pwnater777Posted 7/23/2014 2:15:56 PM
The Fall is great... on mobile. I got it for free on iOS through IGN, and I have definitely enjoyed it there. It's nice to have quality games on my phone.

On PC, however, the graphics weren't rightfully revamped for the release, the controls are difficult to understand with so many menus being converted from a touch screen to a keyboard, and the aiming is horrible.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#9PaperDiddyKongPosted 7/23/2014 2:17:10 PM
I like them all. Invisible war is actually my favorite since I feel you can change more things throughout the story compared to other entries in the series.