This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate for Ubisoft?

#1Spidey555Posted 7/23/2014 12:21:49 PM
I may be the only one, but I like what Ubisoft has done or is doing. I enjoy that I can use my achievements I earn in games to actually "buy" something to use in those games.
Their DRM is no different than say Steam or Origin.
Granted Steam now has badges and you can sell your cards or trade them but I really do not mind Ubisoft.
I can see how it can be annoying using 3 different DRM programs for your games but still, it's not that bad and sort of rewarding.
---
PS4: Spidey555
Steam: Spidey555
#2Orestes417Posted 7/23/2014 12:22:31 PM
Lazy ports come to mind immediately
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#3PsythikPosted 7/23/2014 12:23:39 PM
Because UPlay.

Oh and all their sequels are repetitive rehashes of the last iteration.

And more recently, Watch_Dogs was the biggest disappointment since Duke Nukem Forever.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#4Spidey555(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 12:23:40 PM
True, they are awful in doing lazy ports, especially to the PC.
---
#5Cool_Dude667Posted 7/23/2014 12:23:44 PM
crappy cloud saving feature
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#6Lemur_HPosted 7/23/2014 12:23:53 PM
Lazy ports, anti-PC attitude, and Uplay is completely unnecessary.
#7Spidey555(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 12:24:46 PM
So it is unnecessary to earn rewards for your achievements?
---
#8KillerTrufflePosted 7/23/2014 12:26:01 PM
Spidey555 posted...
I may be the only one, but I like what Ubisoft has done or is doing. I enjoy that I can use my achievements I earn in games to actually "buy" something to use in those games.

Their DRM is no different than say Steam or Origin. (Aside from the fact it's unstable, buggy, obnoxious interface gets in the way, etc. you mean?)

Granted Steam now has badges and you can sell your cards or trade them but I really do not mind Ubisoft. (I guarantee this has nothing to do with the Ubisoft hate.)

I can see how it can be annoying using 3 different DRM programs for your games but still, it's not that bad and sort of rewarding. (What sort of "reward" have you come across for using UPlay? Because I not only have seen no rewards of any kind, I have been absolutely annoyed with UPlay. Origin has been no better for me - as of the last time I used it, you couldn't even double-click to run games. You had to play a stupid mouse maze game to navigate to the Play button in the game's pop-up, but if you touched a single other pixel for another game, you'd lose the pop-up and have to try again.)

---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#9Orestes417Posted 7/23/2014 12:26:30 PM
Achievements on the whole are unnecessary and in fact some of us would argue they're damaging to the player experience.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#10KillerTrufflePosted 7/23/2014 12:27:42 PM
Spidey555 posted...
So it is unnecessary to earn rewards for your achievements?

What rewards? You mean the part where they lock in-game content away and make you earn UPlay credits or whatever they're called to unlock it? Yeah, not all of us are fooled into seeing artificial restrictions as "rewards."
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23