This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate for Ubisoft?

#11HylianZPosted 7/23/2014 11:27:57 AM
I would rather just have all my games purchased and launchable from one platform. Think about Sony or Microsoft consoles. You don't have to have extra DRM on those. Why force it on PC gamers? Plus having more programs running will put a damper on performance. Ubisoft isn't as bad as Origin for games, since they do offer incentives just for using the program, but they could just as easily release it without requiring the Uplay launcher and include those "freebies" in the base game or as DLC. I also don't like buying things from Origin or Ubisoft directly, as they aren't as good as steam in regards to updating games.
---
Every puzzle has an answer.
My Rig: Asus Z77 Sabertooth, i7 3770k, Nvidia GTX 690, Corsair 16GB-1866Mhz, Toshiba 128GB SSD+3TB HD, 1Kw CM PSU, CM HAF X...
#12BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 7/23/2014 11:28:21 AM
I like Ubisoft. Their PC games almost always look awesome. They have some cool IPs (Granted, they pump out sequels like crazy) and, while I hate uPlay, I do love the fact that you can earn rewards for getting some achievements.
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#13Spidey555(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 11:29:11 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
Spidey555 posted...
So it is unnecessary to earn rewards for your achievements?

What rewards? You mean the part where they lock in-game content away and make you earn UPlay credits or whatever they're called to unlock it? Yeah, not all of us are fooled into seeing artificial restrictions as "rewards."

At least they aren't charging you money for those day one dlc like most companies. You can unlock them without paying any money and playing the game.
---
PS4: Spidey555
Steam: Spidey555
#14SoulreaperX112Posted 7/23/2014 11:30:23 AM
I had a friend buy farcry 3 blood dragon during the steam summer sale and it must of took him 30 mins to an hour just to get uplay to work. I will say that I got a laugh out of it while he cursed uplay in call... so I guess that makes the use of uplay somewhat enjoyable.

But, yeah the service is bad, the ports are usually terrible and the games are a bit stale(AC comes to mind). I was looking forward to the division but with all the more recent screw ups with ubi I am most likely going to pass(unless it turns out good).
#15SoulreaperX112Posted 7/23/2014 11:31:36 AM
Spidey555 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Spidey555 posted...

What rewards? You mean the part where they lock in-game content away and make you earn UPlay credits or whatever they're called to unlock it? Yeah, not all of us are fooled into seeing artificial restrictions as "rewards."

At least they aren't charging you money for those day one dlc like most companies. You can unlock them without paying any money and playing the game.

I remember a bit of a controversy with one of the AC games including on disc dlc that they charged for soon after the release.
#16MarceloSampaioPosted 7/23/2014 11:32:33 AM(edited)
-Horrible PC ports;

-They lied about the downgrade on Watch Dogs;

-"This is pc only, who cares";

-They released Might and Magic X as an early access game, yet the final product was full of bugs and performance issues...

-Then decided to stop supporting the game entirely a few months after the game was released, even when not all bugs have been fixed;

-Most their games have performance issues;

-UPLAY...

-Also... remember when they incorporated starforce protection into their pc games, and didn't give a damn about issues caused by it? Yeah...

---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#17SolidManifestPosted 7/23/2014 11:32:06 AM
Spidey555 posted...

game achievements are inherently unnecessary and useless. Then again some users get their rocks off on that kind of ****
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#18Orestes417Posted 7/23/2014 11:33:16 AM
Lol starforce. As I recall no one from that giant circlejerk ever managed to repeatably prove it caused issues.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#19Spidey555(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 11:33:49 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
-Horrible PC ports;

-They released Might and Magic X as an early access game, yet the final product was full of bugs and performance issues...

-Then decided to stop supporting the game entirely a few months after the game was released, even when not all bugs have been fixed;

-UPLAY...

-Also... remember when they incorporated starforce protection into their pc games, and didn't give a damn about issues caused by it? Yeah...

I am playing Might and Magic X now and have hit no bugs yet. Probably played about 10 hours so far. Granted, I did see they stopped supporting the game which is very sad. Probably realized not worth their time or money to support it, which sucks for us fans. I would love to see a new Wizardry come along.
---
PS4: Spidey555
Steam: Spidey555
#20MarceloSampaioPosted 7/23/2014 11:36:31 AM
Spidey555 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
-Horrible PC ports;

-UPLAY...

I am playing Might and Magic X now and have hit no bugs yet.

Sure, dude. Sure. I believe you. I bet you are also not having any performance issue. I'm sure this horrible mess of a game made in Unity is actually running VERY smoothly for you, right?
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png