This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate for Ubisoft?

#21Spidey555(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 11:37:38 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
Spidey555 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
-Horrible PC ports;

-They lied about the downgrade on Watch Dogs;

-"This is pc only, who cares";

-They released Might and Magic X as an early access game, yet the final product was full of bugs and performance issues...

-Then decided to stop supporting the game entirely a few months after the game was released, even when not all bugs have been fixed;

-Most their games have performance issues;

-UPLAY...

-Also... remember when they incorporated starforce protection into their pc games, and didn't give a damn about issues caused by it? Yeah...

I am playing Might and Magic X now and have hit no bugs yet.

Sure, dude. Sure. I believe you. I bet you are also not having any performance issue. I'm sure this horrible mess of a game made in Unity is actually running VERY smoothly for you, right?

Actually it is running very smoothly for me, but I am on a 64 bit system and I hear it runs awful for 32 bit systems. Not a single graphical problem for me and game looks gorgeous.
---
PS4: Spidey555
Steam: Spidey555
#22Fazeo13Posted 7/23/2014 11:42:59 AM
Their games suck. 40hour skinnerbox boringfests all starting to feel like the same game.
---
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P
#23MarceloSampaioPosted 7/23/2014 11:47:53 AM
Spidey555 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Spidey555 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
-Horrible PC ports;

-They lied about the downgrade on Watch Dogs;

-"This is pc only, who cares";

-They released Might and Magic X as an early access game, yet the final product was full of bugs and performance issues...

-Then decided to stop supporting the game entirely a few months after the game was released, even when not all bugs have been fixed;

-Most their games have performance issues;

-UPLAY...

-Also... remember when they incorporated starforce protection into their pc games, and didn't give a damn about issues caused by it? Yeah...

I am playing Might and Magic X now and have hit no bugs yet.

Sure, dude. Sure. I believe you. I bet you are also not having any performance issue. I'm sure this horrible mess of a game made in Unity is actually running VERY smoothly for you, right?

Actually it is running very smoothly for me, but I am on a 64 bit system and I hear it runs awful for 32 bit systems. Not a single graphical problem for me and game looks gorgeous.

Great. Like I said before, I believe you. ;)
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#24PraetorXynPosted 7/23/2014 11:55:15 AM
Isn't there enough "But guyz, stahp it" EA d*** riding on this board all ready? Now we have to have Ubisoft d*** riding too? The Valve d*** riding can go to hell too while we're at it.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#25SinisterSlayPosted 7/23/2014 12:00:12 PM
Well they had me when they called us all pirates.
Then said PC optimization doesn't matter.
But recently they said they think consumers are now accepting the horrible DLC practices.

But the biggest reason I hate them....

They are french.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#26BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 7/23/2014 12:05:29 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
Isn't there enough "But guyz, stahp it" EA d*** riding on this board all ready? Now we have to have Ubisoft d*** riding too? The Valve d*** riding can go to hell too while we're at it.

How do you feel about the hate topics?
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#27SuperSuikodenPosted 7/23/2014 12:09:04 PM(edited)
- Awful Uplay
- Betrayed Nintendo with their Rayman Legends
- Downgraded the PC version of Watch_Dogs and lied about it
---
Xbox|Steam: Call Me A Hero
http://raptr.com/Call_Me_A_Hero
#28KillerTrufflePosted 7/23/2014 12:13:57 PM
Spidey555 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Spidey555 posted...
So it is unnecessary to earn rewards for your achievements?

What rewards? You mean the part where they lock in-game content away and make you earn UPlay credits or whatever they're called to unlock it? Yeah, not all of us are fooled into seeing artificial restrictions as "rewards."

At least they aren't charging you money for those day one dlc like most companies. You can unlock them without paying any money and playing the game.

That still completely fails to explain how there is any sort of "reward" in having to purchase locked game content, whether through in-app credit or real money. Gaining access to higher level "stuff" within a game (i.e. spells or skills in an RPG) is simply not comparable to having a chunk of included game locked until you've played the stripped down version long enough to earn enough credit to unlock it. That is not reward - that's holding the game content hostage until their demands are met.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#29johnny_payPosted 7/23/2014 12:21:26 PM(edited)
Ports barely run, even on a decent machine.
Used to use always online DRM that only stopped paying customers from playing their game.
Mandatory 3rd party client people don't like to use.
They lock content behind a fake reward system.
Their attitude to pc gaming is if you can't run it you need a better PC.
Yearly rehash of the same game.
Ruined rainbow six and ghost recon.
#30Digital StormPosted 7/23/2014 12:20:29 PM
I'm like one of the few people on the planet who doesn't have issues with UPlay. The one issue I've had in like two and half months of using it has been when Watch Dogs was released and they had authentication issues.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.