This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate for Ubisoft?

#41TimePharaohPosted 7/23/2014 2:15:04 PM
Spidey555 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Spidey555 posted...
So it is unnecessary to earn rewards for your achievements?

What rewards? You mean the part where they lock in-game content away and make you earn UPlay credits or whatever they're called to unlock it? Yeah, not all of us are fooled into seeing artificial restrictions as "rewards."

At least they aren't charging you money for those day one dlc like most companies. You can unlock them without paying any money and playing the game.

lol at this being a benefit. You reek of farm.
#42LvthnPosted 7/23/2014 2:47:20 PM
UPlay should be optional for bonus features that truly do require it, like Kenway's Fleet in AC4. I can see why you have to use their service to use that, that's a phone minigame.

Should not have to launch it for every Ubi game.

Also they should really consider optimizing their games if they're going to claim PC as a flagship platform like they have. For some games that's believable, like Far Cry, less so for others.
#43biohazard1775Posted 7/23/2014 3:39:30 PM
Most of their recent games suck.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PUlTENu.png
Iron Within, Iron Without
#44pwnater777Posted 7/23/2014 3:48:56 PM
They're making piss-poor excuses as to why things are the way they are in their games (Watch_Dogs graphics, females in Unity) and then they respond to all the criticism with horrible responses, like saying they wanted Watch_Dogs to be equal for everyone and that females are too difficult to design.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#45ChromaticAngelPosted 7/23/2014 5:51:05 PM
the real question TC should be asking is why does Ubisoft hate us?
---
RPG Spotlight: Divinity: Original Sin http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/W5VSkrTC
#46alsroboshackPosted 7/23/2014 6:21:08 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
the real question TC should be asking is why does Ubisoft hate us?

---
some people treat life as a game,
some people treat games as life.
#47Death_BornPosted 7/23/2014 6:23:46 PM
For one, Uplay is basically another layer of useless DRM that messes up all the Steamworks features for no reason. If someone buys the game on Steam, don't include Uplay.
#48leon_trunksPosted 7/23/2014 9:48:21 PM
I couldn't care less about how they make or not make their pc ports. The Assassins Creed series is the best ip of gen 7 with an amazing emphasis on detail in every aspect and any 'pc' specific 'ill will' they have gathered over the years is meaningless to me because all of their games are multiplatform and the consumer always has the option of buying the best version of the release, even if it means buying a console to play it.

I have played every AC game on ps3 and AC IV on ps4 and I also own most of them on pc. The pc versions run flawlessly in 60 fps with no bugs or glitches and Uplay works just like steam or origin and I don't even notice any differences except for the name and color scheme.

Ubisoft is awesome and I will defend them!
#49MasterTurtlePosted 7/23/2014 9:54:59 PM
Uplay is pretty lame and while I don't play many of their games, their sloppy treatment of stuff on PC doesn't help

Rayman Legends is good enough for me to forgive a lot, though
---
Can I interest you in a...side mission?
#50GarudinPosted 7/23/2014 10:17:04 PM
Most of the hate for Ubisoft stems from their DRM history, Uplay, and bad PC ports

Uplay at it's best is a bad Steam copy, the thing is Steam has been around long enough that both EA with Origin and Ubisoft with Uplay have had time to take a ton of notes and make something equal to or better than and neither of them have been able to do either.

Ubisoft with it's DRM from the Assassin's Creed series always online to Uplay has shown they are not capable of handling the back end when players want to play these in demand games the servers for these DRM always crash and burn on release punishing honest costumers and only cementing pirates and creating a few more from pissed off customers.

Ubisoft's worst case with DRM was with From Dust where they flat out lied saying the game and more specifically the PC version would contain NO DRM upon release people installed the game to find DRM on every PC copy.
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea GT: Garudin