This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam vs GoG vs GamersGate, which one do you prefer to buy from?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam vs GoG vs GamersGate, which one do you prefer to buy from?
1 year ago#1
Topic.
1 year ago#2
the one that has the game I want for sale.
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
1 year ago#3
Steam, the only one who respects Brazilian costumers. ^^
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
1 year ago#4
Gog gets flagged by many banks for some reason so I avoid them. (Their location is flagged for bad stuff globally)

i've looked at gamersgate before but their deals never really come close to what steam offers at times.

Green man gaming though, I buy from there all the time. They usually have 20% off coupons on the main page while selling at steam price. You should be asking yourself why you havn't used green man yet. They've been around for a while.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
1 year ago#5
SolidManifest posted...
the one that has the game I want for sale.

Bingo. Whoever has the best price at the time I'm buying. They're all reputable companies, no point in fanboying it up
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
1 year ago#6
^This

Also like Bigla said, Green Man. I just recently discovered this site and was pretty impressed.
---
If I had arms, I would try harder.
PSN: Kozmo14
1 year ago#7
If it's on GOG I buy from there (I have in fact repurchased most of the stuff on there that I had on Steam beforehand just to have DRM free versions). Otherwise, I buy from Amazon, GreenManGaming, GamersGate, or Steam itself, whichever is cheapest.

I have as of yet not bought anything from UPlay, as it chains through Steam so I don't have to, and EA hasn't released anything I wanted on Origin yet so fortunately I haven't had to install that.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
1 year ago#8
About 95% of my games are from Steam. It's my preferred choice, and has been for years. It has most of the games I want to play and has been my go to place for sales and discounts.
1 year ago#9
Steam.
---
2DS: 0447-5073-6549 | Rig: i7-3770, 12GB, GTX750, 700W
NP: Pokemon Y, Super Street Fighter 4 AE, Mass Effect
1 year ago#10
DC07301981 posted...
About 95% of my games are from Steam. It's my preferred choice, and has been for years. It has most of the games I want to play and has been my go to place for sales and discounts.

look into greenman, they sell through steam but offer 20% off nearly all the time. I check green man if i'm looking to pre order because 20% off a pre order is better than not getting 20% off. If the product is on steam they sell it to you as a steam key.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam vs GoG vs GamersGate, which one do you prefer to buy from?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived