This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam vs GoG vs GamersGate, which one do you prefer to buy from?

#21LoshadtPosted 7/23/2014 2:47:23 PM
Steam, I would prefer GoG but they don't mesh well with my debit card and I only use my credit card for large and important purchases.
---
Scientifically proven.
#22GynthaeresPosted 7/23/2014 3:59:49 PM
I always buy Steam keys (unless I'm buying old games from GOG). With that said, order of preference is almost always based on pricing, and so is usually...

Greenman Gaming > Amazon > GamersGate > Steam

Steam usually has really bad prices, especially for brand new games. Only time I buy directly from Steam is during sales. Greenman Gaming, on the flipside, is a legitimate retailer (not to be confused with gray market key resellers) who tend to impressively discount even brand new games / preorders.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#23PraetorXynPosted 7/23/2014 4:51:04 PM
Loshadt posted...
Steam, I would prefer GoG but they don't mesh well with my debit card and I only use my credit card for large and important purchases.

FYI I have Wells Fargo for my debit card and I've never had any problems. My best friend does have the same problem, but he uses one of the local banks where I come from (aka b** f*** no where).
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#24LoshadtPosted 7/23/2014 4:56:19 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
FYI I have Wells Fargo for my debit card and I've never had any problems. My best friend does have the same problem, but he uses one of the local banks where I come from (aka b** f*** no where).

I also use a small local bank, because outside of the inconvenience with out-of-country purchases they're damn good.
---
Scientifically proven.
#25mogexpress1Posted 7/23/2014 4:58:03 PM
more money goes to the producers if you use gog

plus you get more bonuses and a steam key
---
Daddy's home
Shut up gabe and take my money
#26PraetorXynPosted 7/23/2014 5:15:29 PM
Loshadt posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

I also use a small local bank, because outside of the inconvenience with out-of-country purchases they're damn good.

I have to move around the US a lot, so I had to use a bank that's everywhere. I still have an account at the local one but I only use it in case I need to send family money, I'll just wire it over there and let them take it out.
---
#27Perfect LightPosted 7/23/2014 5:20:08 PM
Steam pretty much 95% of the time. I like having my collection in one place.
---
E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me.
#28x_stevey_xPosted 7/23/2014 6:26:53 PM
i don't buy from greenmangaming because i had rude customer service before

steam takes forever to respond with customer service

gog is best
#29PraetorXynPosted 7/23/2014 6:33:03 PM
x_stevey_x posted...
i don't buy from greenmangaming because i had rude customer service before

steam takes forever to respond with customer service

gog is best

The only time I ever used GOG's customer service was for activating my free copy of the Witcher with the Steam CD key.

My key for the Witcher 2 worked perfectly, but it wouldn't take the key for the first one. I saw an e-mail address on that page, so I sent a screenshot of my Steam account with the CD Key dialog open, and another screenshot of my profile, showing that my Steam e-mail was the same one used for GOG and asking them what they could do about it.

The next day I got a personal response from an employee saying that if I said the Steam account was mine they trusted me, here's my new CD Key, and they thanked me for the kind words as I had told them they seemed to be about the most consumer friendly company in the business so I thought it was worth a shot asking them.

I was very impressed.
---
#30Ron1989(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:38:04 PM
Right now on GamersGate all of the total war series is on sale.