This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam vs GoG vs GamersGate, which one do you prefer to buy from?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam vs GoG vs GamersGate, which one do you prefer to buy from?
1 year ago#21
Steam, I would prefer GoG but they don't mesh well with my debit card and I only use my credit card for large and important purchases.
---
Scientifically proven.
1 year ago#22
I always buy Steam keys (unless I'm buying old games from GOG). With that said, order of preference is almost always based on pricing, and so is usually...

Greenman Gaming > Amazon > GamersGate > Steam

Steam usually has really bad prices, especially for brand new games. Only time I buy directly from Steam is during sales. Greenman Gaming, on the flipside, is a legitimate retailer (not to be confused with gray market key resellers) who tend to impressively discount even brand new games / preorders.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
1 year ago#23
Loshadt posted...
Steam, I would prefer GoG but they don't mesh well with my debit card and I only use my credit card for large and important purchases.

FYI I have Wells Fargo for my debit card and I've never had any problems. My best friend does have the same problem, but he uses one of the local banks where I come from (aka b** f*** no where).
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
1 year ago#24
PraetorXyn posted...
FYI I have Wells Fargo for my debit card and I've never had any problems. My best friend does have the same problem, but he uses one of the local banks where I come from (aka b** f*** no where).

I also use a small local bank, because outside of the inconvenience with out-of-country purchases they're damn good.
---
Scientifically proven.
1 year ago#25
more money goes to the producers if you use gog

plus you get more bonuses and a steam key
---
Daddy's home
Shut up gabe and take my money
1 year ago#26
Loshadt posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

I also use a small local bank, because outside of the inconvenience with out-of-country purchases they're damn good.

I have to move around the US a lot, so I had to use a bank that's everywhere. I still have an account at the local one but I only use it in case I need to send family money, I'll just wire it over there and let them take it out.
---
1 year ago#27
Steam pretty much 95% of the time. I like having my collection in one place.
---
E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me.
1 year ago#28
i don't buy from greenmangaming because i had rude customer service before

steam takes forever to respond with customer service

gog is best
1 year ago#29
x_stevey_x posted...
i don't buy from greenmangaming because i had rude customer service before

steam takes forever to respond with customer service

gog is best

The only time I ever used GOG's customer service was for activating my free copy of the Witcher with the Steam CD key.

My key for the Witcher 2 worked perfectly, but it wouldn't take the key for the first one. I saw an e-mail address on that page, so I sent a screenshot of my Steam account with the CD Key dialog open, and another screenshot of my profile, showing that my Steam e-mail was the same one used for GOG and asking them what they could do about it.

The next day I got a personal response from an employee saying that if I said the Steam account was mine they trusted me, here's my new CD Key, and they thanked me for the kind words as I had told them they seemed to be about the most consumer friendly company in the business so I thought it was worth a shot asking them.

I was very impressed.
---
1 year ago#30
Right now on GamersGate all of the total war series is on sale.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam vs GoG vs GamersGate, which one do you prefer to buy from?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived