This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam vs GoG vs GamersGate, which one do you prefer to buy from?

#31chandl34Posted 7/23/2014 7:38:14 PM(edited)
I get almost all my stuff on GOG. Sometimes I'm forced to go to Steam though, since GOG doesn't have everything. The 10 gig Steam game I bought the other day's installation got corrupted by Steam. I had to redownload the whole thing. I turned the computer off when it was at 80%, and it was back to 37% when I turned the computer back on. Hurrah for Steam! I can see why so many of you love it so much.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#32TimePharaohPosted 7/23/2014 7:41:13 PM
chandl34 posted...
I get almost all my stuff on GOG. Sometimes I'm forced to go to Steam though, since GOG doesn't have everything. The 10 gig Steam game I bought the other day's installation got corrupted by Steam. I had to redownload the whole thing. I turned the computer off when it was at 80%, and it was back to 37% when I turned the computer back on. Hurrah for Steam! I can see why so many of you love it so much.

Must suck to live life being so incompetent you literally can't press one button correctly huh?
#33chandl34Posted 7/23/2014 7:45:24 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
chandl34 posted...

Must suck to live life being so incompetent you literally can't press one button correctly huh?

Was that the "don't randomly delete 43% of the download" button? I didn't see that when I shut down.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#34nightshadeAPosted 7/23/2014 8:21:45 PM
depends on the game gog seems ot have most of the 90's games i want but since i have most of them ........most of my steam games comes from humble bundle tho .... i did buy a few from the summer sale and i like the way steam bundles dlc with their older stuff
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free"neworder
"mr zurkon dosent shoot and ask questions later asking questions is stupid
#35leon_trunksPosted 7/23/2014 9:21:19 PM
No achievements - GoG (The extra stuff you get with the game is worth every penny)
If achievements - Steam
#36arleasPosted 7/23/2014 9:42:23 PM
Steam first, Gog second... Uplay and Origin only if you give it to me so cheap I can't possibly say no.

And I use isthereanydeal.com so if it's cheaper on another site but still activates on steam, that's good too...
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#37kobalobasileusPosted 7/24/2014 12:08:57 AM
Steam's sales are usually better, but I frequent GOG too. Never used Gamersgate.
#38Sk0rbutPosted 7/24/2014 1:00:40 AM
Mostly Steam nowadays. I used to buy a lot more stuff on GOG but then they axed their no regional pricing policy.
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
#39Ron1989(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 11:13:21 AM
Any one else?
#40r0ge00Posted 7/24/2014 11:26:23 AM
I avoid GamersGate since they botched up my order the two times I tried using their website. I prefer Steam/GOG/Amazon/Green Man Gaming, in no particular order.