The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to PC gaming. What gems have I missed?

#1LaggingRedPosted 7/23/2014 1:48:10 PM
I built a beast rig and I'd like to know what games have you guys played on the pc that you have thoroughly enjoyed. I've missed a lot of years of pc gaming so there's bound to be magnificent games that have been overshadowed by today's games.
#2SinisterSlayPosted 7/23/2014 1:49:44 PM
Mount & Blade Warband.

I should make a macro for that name.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3SonyHoundDawgPosted 7/23/2014 2:04:25 PM(edited)
Well any game you played on console the past few years is going to be 100x better on PC. Better graphics, framerate, fast loading and saving and just more vibrant overall.

PC only games, a lot just depends on what you like, theres so many games. Many people really love Mount and Blade as suggested, but its something that doesnt look to pretty and will not work out your new rig.
#4Pyro_YuyPosted 7/23/2014 1:59:04 PM
Vampire the masquerade bloodlines
---
Lieb ohne Seele...
http://wp.me/1EBnQ
#5pwnater777Posted 7/23/2014 2:01:01 PM
Mount & Blade Warband is definitely one. Also:

- StarCraft 2
- Civilization V
- NEO Scavenger
- The Binding of Isaac
- Awesomenauts
- Papers, Please
- FTL: Faster Than Light
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#6LaggingRed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 2:04:49 PM
Whoa. Thanks guys! now I have a backlog list! I'll need to buy these one by one so I won't give myslef a backlog feeling lol.
#7pwnater777Posted 7/23/2014 2:09:13 PM
LaggingRed posted...
Whoa. Thanks guys! now I have a backlog list! I'll need to buy these one by one so I won't give myslef a backlog feeling lol.

Remember to always look for sales! It's key to growing a large library of various games. In just 7 months (I got back into PC gaming in January) I've grown my Steam library from ~15 games, to now 232 games, and I'm sure that realistically I've only spent <$200 this year. Always check Humble Bundle (you can select how much of your money goes to Humble, how much goes to the developers, and how much goes to charity!) reddit's r/GameDeals, Steam's weeklong deals/midweek madness/weekend deals/daily deals, and various other PC game sites and bundle sites. Trust me, you'll find games that you're looking to buy for dirt cheap, rather than having to pay full retail price.
---
#8SinisterSlayPosted 7/23/2014 2:11:16 PM
pwnater777 posted...
LaggingRed posted...

Remember to always look for sales! It's key to growing a large library of various games. In just 7 months (I got back into PC gaming in January) I've grown my Steam library from ~15 games, to now 232 games, and I'm sure that realistically I've only spent <$200 this year. Always check Humble Bundle (you can select how much of your money goes to Humble, how much goes to the developers, and how much goes to charity!) reddit's r/GameDeals, Steam's weeklong deals/midweek madness/weekend deals/daily deals, and various other PC game sites and bundle sites. Trust me, you'll find games that you're looking to buy for dirt cheap, rather than having to pay full retail price.

Except for Mount & Blade Warband, the devs deserve full price so they can fund the sequel.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9pwnater777Posted 7/23/2014 2:13:50 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
pwnater777 posted...
LaggingRed posted...

Except for Mount & Blade Warband, the devs deserve full price so they can fund the sequel.

That's true. Though it seems to go on sale relatively often; I wish Humble would do a Humble M&B Bundle so the game could get more players and pull in a ton of money for TaleWorlds.
---
#10maybecallsPosted 7/23/2014 2:16:59 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Mount & Blade Warband.

I should make a macro for that name.

Yeah, buy that, and forget about all this Humble Bundle trash. Most of that is just crappy old hard drive clutter.